FN M249 - Minimi

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
MaitiiMausu said:
Hey. If you're like me, high or low your computer lags like a mother the minute you pull the trigger.
I get the same problem with some of the newer high-ROF weapons, but only online. My computer decides it can't handle receiving and processing an instantaneous 1000 packets per minute, and decides to give me a little JERK of fps lag, which is generally right when someone unloads a minimi into me, while i stand there being perforated because of my lag.

Threads are no longer born, they are GROWN!!

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
Alright, the comment about the 3 position gas regulator on the C9 is innacurate...Thats the C6. 1, 2, and 3..although we use position 2 as the default, so I don't know why the bothered with 1.

hehe, I was wondering where that 3 speed thing came from. I thought I missed something here and we were being issued new kit :D

Yeh that new gas regulator on the c6 is the dumbest thing ever. instead of having a dial on the front like the c9, it's a little piece that's locked into place with a pin. So if you need to change the gas rate, you gotta whip out your Gerber and handle and try to manipulate these minute pieces without burning yourself on the hot barrel. Pure Genius.

Don't forget Perrin, that the C9 is made by Diemaco, and the M249 and Minimi are made by FNMFG. From what I've seen of the C8 and C7, Diemaco maintain a pretty high standard of manufacture, but who knows, maybe they dropped the ball a bit on the C9

I'm not so sure about that one, Usually Diemaco stamps their names on the weapons they manufacture. The c9 has FN stamped on it. And I don't know if this is true but don't the SAW and MINIMI have different barrels? I heard the C9 is a SAW and Minimi is only different because of the barrel.

dive

Infiltration:: Like crack, but better
Sep 26, 2002
Altanta, Georgia
dive.livejournal.com
Derelan said:
I get the same problem with some of the newer high-ROF weapons, but only online. My computer decides it can't handle receiving and processing an instantaneous 1000 packets per minute, and decides to give me a little JERK of fps lag, which is generally right when someone unloads a minimi into me, while i stand there being perforated because of my lag.

Agreed. I seem to run totally fine until either I, or an enemy, opens up close with an automatic weapon. Hence, if I don't kill someone in my initial burst, chances are I'm dead. I've noticed that silenced weapons tend to not cause me as much trouble, though. Particularly the MP5 with a silencer seems to be a little better, dropping me to only 20fps as opposed to the M4 or MINIMI which tend to drop thing to about 11-14fps when they're fired. Keep in mind I usually only maintain a constant 29-33fps during normal play anyhow. [Yay for my sucky computer]