Max Payne 3.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Played through this game on Normal. Pretty tough difficulty balance like others have said. Only once did I end up dying constantly and they gave me an additional painkiller to use, but beyond that it just feels like you get by by the skin of your teeth.
I do quite like the music/sound/animation stuff, and lying on the floor without getting up is pretty cool, but I ended up feeling the game outstayed its welcome towards the end. So much combat fatigue. Kinda wishing they'd changed things up a bit more but save from the occasional slow-motion sequence the super lengthy gunfights (especially in the police station and the airport) just felt endless and tedious.
Top that off with a checkpoint system that is not good and puts you back further than it should and I was having a pretty bad time with this game in some places. Still pretty neat, and definitely a pretty looking/sounding game, just not really my thing I guess.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
I (obviously) haven't even touched the game yet, but are the trippy dream sequences still there?

Nope but you get trippy cutscenes. For a while you may think your game is jacking up but after a while it will all make sense.

Don't read this Zxan this is for everyone else

Anyone else notice that when Max went "sober" the trippy colors went away? Nice touch I thought

Last edited:

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
Don't worry, I don't need to be reminded to not read spoilers in a thread where spoilers will obviously be said. (Unlike other people who have hissy fits...)

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
I look forward to buying this game on sale. It looks like a blast, and I would definitely get on that if I didn't have about 150 hours of Skyrim left and literally a dozen other games already on the lineup.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I look forward to buying this game on sale. It looks like a blast, and I would definitely get on that if I didn't have about 150 hours of Skyrim left and literally a dozen other games already on the lineup.
Yeah. I'd recommend waiting. Another game I'm not sure is worth $60. Still it is excellent and worth playing.