The Official UT3 Myths Debunked Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Express your opinion!

• Total voters

Benfica

European Redneck
Feb 6, 2006
Fuzz said:
If you think you have a valid reason for not playing, guess what, this thread is here for you...
The game crashes on my rig. I guess I have a valid reason

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
I have been reinstalling my OS today.

Honestly, I don't feel like coming back to this forum anymore
cu

If this thread sucks, then it's all because of you posting in it. That is sincerely an idiot's remark. The loser's way of failing by simply reading without being able to make something out of it for themselves let alone for anyone else.
wat

No, the thread sucks because the initial post sucks. All it is, is the same regurgitated crap that you've been spewing out about how people are apparently wrong that they don't like UT3.

You don't have to participate in every poll about UT3, especially if you don't even like the game. If you have another opinion you have the entire thread to express yourself. The option to vote would always be there, but now some schadenfreude in the moderator group invites people to say that this poll sucks instead of following the constructive scheme.

The third option in the poll is the equivalent of "I fail!" and there you all have it.
No, the third option actually makes the poll somewhat valid. As you can see, people have made their votes on that thought.

This is not just another UT3 critic's thread, this is the thread that will turn everything around. This is supposed to be better than the Epic method of dealing with the situation. They simply say that there are no critics and UT3 is great, end of discussion.

It doesn't matter how many people dislike UT3 for the wrong reasons.

It doesn't matter if the servers are empty because not enough people have good enough hardware to play the game comfortably.

You are not listening because you are too busy agreeing with other morons.
No, this is the thread where you go on a tirade about how everyone else is wrong and your opinion that UT3 is the perfect game is absolute. That's the biggest bunch of bs I've ever heard, go look up the word contradiction and get back to us.

Why the outrage? A game must be in a particular way. A game series must evolve. Epic will move to consoles because people want better and better graphics even thou they can't afford the hardware to support it. UE3 was ahead of it's time when it came out unless you had console system.

The average PC still can't match a current generation console and you never hear the end of PS3 cooking requests.
WAT

The average PC beats the crap out of current gen consoles. :/

Benfica

European Redneck
Feb 6, 2006
Bi()ha2arD said:
you have a **** rig then :p
Core2 @ 3GHz, Asus P5B Deluxe, 2GB RAM, 8800gs, XP SP3, OCZ 600W PSU

I may need to reinstall drivers or delete some custom content, I guess

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
Xbox Live and Ps3's online network are completely unrelated and do not meet in the middle. The PC version has a lot of differences to the consoles versions. Not compatible.
I'll disagree here - PC/PS3 cross-platform gaming is quite possible. However the time it takes to adapt the patch for PS3 and approve it at Sony would create huge time breaks where the updated PCs and old PS3 versions would not be compatible for online play.

As for the poll, the original two-option one really reminded me those political ballots I saw in Russia lately. Either you jump the praising bandwagon which actually leads the country nowhere, or you're left out.

Last edited:

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
You are saying that there is something wrong with UT3, but you haven't provided a single thing that couldn't be picked apart right away.

People won't buy a $1'000 rig just to play the game because we are in a financial depression. They keep their old stuff that can run MS Word if they go get a cup of coffee and pretend it didn't take that long for it to load it up.

People that think their PC is better than the consoles haven't compared ingame frame rates. They got tricked by well spoken retailers.

There are no other popular FPS games out there besides Quake Live and anyone with a graphics card can play that.

I don't like consoles. I don't like how UT3 started out or ended up. It's too demanding on the hardware front. Epic waited too long before releasing a sequel. The only thing that would draw attention now is a web based version of UT.

This forum is nothing but an UT3 haters club, corrupted and deranged into it's very core. You can't relate to or think about anything else than how much you really hate UT3.

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
The GF8800GS is a low end card. What kind of DDR2 memory do you have? There is a huge difference between 800, 667 and 533MHz. Also you need to alter your ini's to let threads continue without waiting for one another if you haven't done that already.

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
That is that forum section. I am talking about this forum section.

If you hate UT3 so much, why are you here?

Benfica

European Redneck
Feb 6, 2006
Fuzz said:
The GF8800GS is a low end card.
It is. However, at worst you would expect low fps, not a crash. I had 90 - 130 fps @ 1280x1024 and it didn't become miraculously slower on the same game just because faster cards are released, it doesn't get envious or depressed :p
What kind of DDR2 memory do you have? There is a huge difference between 800, 667 and 533MHz.
Also you need to alter your ini's to let threads continue without waiting for one another if you haven't done that already.
What do you mean?

Last edited:

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
I could swear that I saw an extra i in there. o_O

*Edit Dammit, stop making me look like I'm talking to myself Benifificia. >:A

Last edited:

Benfica

European Redneck
Feb 6, 2006
I could swear that I saw an extra i in there. o_O

*Edit Dammit, stop making me look like I'm talking to myself Benifificia. >:A
wth, couldn't repost the damn thing. The forum said "Duplicated post" of a deleted one :confused:

@Fuzz, I believe "hate" is a strong word. People are just disappointed

Last edited: