UT99 Remake Maplist

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ionium

Dec 30, 2005
May I enquire as to what turned it from orange to red? Who knows, maybe it's worth a v1.1 or something ;)

Probably because it was bland looking, just my opinion. Nothing about really made me go "wow" at all. Lighting coulda been better, textures coulda been better, ever aspect of it coulda been better really. So that's probably why. :eek:

And I'm glad my conveyor is orange :)

Last edited:

Akira Kurosawa

Aug 13, 2008
Liandri Mining Facility: ***
May I enquire as to what turned it from orange to red? Who knows, maybe it's worth a v1.1 or something ;)

For me the biggest thing were the walls. Very sharp and flat looking. The change to the trap door. Lacking in effects like I don't know, something like coolant puddling up or steam/fog
(or some other visual effects.) The texturing on a few walls like the 2nd floor.

ne_skaju

lost and found
Jan 21, 2008
Izvarino
Darji outpost, CTF

Only Satan's spawn would foist Darjii on the public. Noxion on the other hand, would be pretty sweet!

:lol:

But this map stuck in my mind and thats main abstract idea of every level, isnt?

Uh maybe we need some simplified version; maybe other game type (warfare w/o vehicles)

This map need to be exist just for collection at least! ;)

p.s. continuing UT1 remakes discussion: Hazard Water, anyone? (Rocket Arena mod level, by Inoxx iirc)
p.p.s. I've seen locked server with people playing CTF-Darji16. Probably clan match.

Last edited:

sneh

-
Apr 11, 2008
www.grozmo.com
Just thoughI'd let you know that HI-ban from UT forums has is handing over DM Pressure to me. So look foward to that.

Oh good! :)

Awww no ones working on turbine :(

I know, that map is a classic! (I've made the BSP of it, but haven't touched it since)

Im probably going to do a CTF map though, after I finish this..

gothalphaK01.jpg
:ripper:
you cant really see any of detail in these pics, I've got some more recent ones somewhere..

Last edited:

Ionium

Dec 30, 2005
I'm nearly complete with grinder, just gotta do some cleaning up, and bot paths. Checking collision, etc.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
No, no, no....if you're going to remake Darji Outpost, then do it right or don't do it at all. I remember this map because it was so confusing at first, but once you figure it out it is great! It's very well done and a UT3 remake would be welcomed into my UT3 subdirectory.:) Bring on Satan's Spawn!;)

I also remember Kosov and Norwich and also good choices for remakes. I'm trying to check out that Liandri remake by Ignotium but the link doesn't seem to be working (the link to FF in the Epic thread that is).

Last edited:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Name sounds familiar, but I don't remember it.

1. Also, I opened up Ignotium's profile at FileFront and downloaded the Liandri map with 865 downloads and the other with 1,165 downloads. Anyone know for sure which one is the latest?

Last edited:

Ionium

Dec 30, 2005
Name sounds familiar, but I don't remember it.

Also, I opened up Ignotium's profile at FileFront and downloaded the Liandri map with 865 downloads and the other with 1,165 downloads. Anyone know for sure which one is the latest?
I think the one with 800 downloads because it's updated but not sure.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
1. The one with 865 DLs (DM-Liandri-Classic) says this in the text file:
"BETA 1 Release Date: January 18, 2008
Version: FULL v1.00"
>> files in the compressed download show a 2-14-08 date.
This one also shows this at the top of the text file:
"DM-LiandriClassic - FULL version: 1.0
Deathmatch map for Unreal Tournament 3
Based on the good old DM-Liandri, but with a Classic Old School BSP Only style"

The one with 1,165 DLs (DM-Liandri) says this in the text file:
"BETA 1 Release Date: December 30, 2007
BETA 2 Release Date: January 05, 2008
BETA 3 Release Date: January 10, 2008
BETA 4 Release Date: January 11, 2008
BETA 5 Release Date: January 13, 2008
BETA 6 Release Date: January 14, 2008
BETA 7 Release Date: January 18, 2008
FINAL VERSION Rlease Date: January 24, 2008
Version: FINAL"
>> files in the compressed download show a 1-24-08 date.
This one shows this at the top of the text file and I believe this is the one referenced in this thread to the epicgames thread:
"DM-Liandri - FINAL version:
Deathmatch map for Unreal Tournament 3
Based on the good old DM-Liandri"

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...............ok, nevermind, I think I may have figured it out with added comments discovered near the top of the text files. It seems the first one I referenced included classic BSP and the other one does not. This other one (DM-Liandri) I believe is the latest one of the one referenced in this thread.

2. (question 2, I decided to number my questions) I also downloaded DM-StalwartXL by KillBait! and was not sure where to put that extra file (KB_CustomKismetActions.u). The text file says to put it in the same subdirectory as the .ut3 file, but that doesn't seem right. The zip file shows Maps\ as the subdirectory for the other files and Script\ as the one for the extra file above.

I have everything installed on a non-C: drive and use the -nohomedir command so everything goes there. All my custom maps go to Unreal Tournament\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps subdirectory and there happens to be another subdirectory at this level called Script. But I know from installing the UTDom mod that some .u files had to go here to work correctly:
Unreal Tournament\UTGame\CookedPC

Is that the case with the .u file from this map? So, basically, does the .u file go here (CustomMaps), here (Script) or here (CookedPC)? Thank you.

Last edited:

sneh

-
Apr 11, 2008
www.grozmo.com
Looking good, except those lanterns and their supports (to squared/low res).;)

For sure, working through it bit by bit. By the end there won't be anything like this left. (the lanterns themselves are high poly, its mostly the texture at the moment)
I'm probably about 1/3 though the map in terms of meshes and enhanced textures, so it's got a fair amount of room to improve :)

I'm working on a remake of DM-Oblivion that I just released a beta for. You can check it out here.

I'd like to be the first one that says - from the pics, it looks a lot better than mine!
(I was intentially going for a more oldschool look though ;))

Last edited:

sneh

-
Apr 11, 2008
www.grozmo.com
Is that the case with the .u file from this map? So, basically, does the .u file go here (CustomMaps), here (Script) or here (CookedPC)? Thank you.

This is where mine is

.../Published/CookedPC/Script

but.. in fact I'm not sure if you actually even need these separate .u files etc, since everything required for a map gets cooked into the .ut3 map file.

I'll need to test it specifically with this stalwart, but I've tried others without the extra files and they worked fine. (similar to how I've cooked the Ripper Lite weapon into one of my maps, you dont need any files relating to the ripper.. just the single map file. Tested on vanilla install of UT3)