"Dude, let's party!"

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

oosyxxx

teh3vilspa7ula
Jan 4, 2000
How do you define "party"? Is it a noun or a verb? What are the necessary ingredients? What can't be included? My understanding of a party or partying has changed throughout my life. It used to be getting together to celebrate a special occasion with friends, family and/or acquaintences, but now it means friends getting together and getting wasted and listening to music, watching videos, playing video games or just shooting the **** and laughing. Sometimes, people get together just to get wasted, and the others are really only present to make everyone think they're all not alcoholics.

Last edited:

digital-warrior

Awake...
Nov 3, 2001
tx
Visit site
Ok, like...uh, crap, I can't type......beer. What was the question? Head's spinning, waiting for pizza. oosyxx sux...hehehe.....................

/me wipes hand across head thinking of something to type....drunk...er....sh1t...

go oosyxx, go 00syxx.....

maybe I should check out IrC.,.,.,

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
oosyxxx said:
How do you define "party"? Is it a noun or a verb? What are the necessary ingredients? What can't be included? My understanding of a party or partying has changed throughout my life. It used to be getting together to celebrate a special occasion with friends, family and/or acquaintences, but now it means friends getting together and getting wasted and listening to music, watching videos, playing video games or just shooting the **** and laughing. Sometimes, people get together just to get wasted, and the others are really only present to make everyone think they're all not alcoholics.

I think the embracing of scotlands culture in america has bastardized most social events into what is known to day as "being sh!t faced"

Once made a hight of a rock concert was the "surfer" now happens 1-2 min at the start of the show.

Once a catholic event called All hollows eve turned from honoring the dead to a total dress up and puke event. Yep, its all because someone desided to combine two days into one.

Come to think of it...i blame the scotts for most of our drinking habbits so popular. I mean, come on.... That sh!t doesnt taste good at all.

BangOut

...smells like groin.
Nov 4, 2001
Right behind you...
i think around 10th grade, i realized that even with some socially inept tendencies, there was a party wherever i went... being the class clown is like being an atom with party electrons swirling around you... Alcohol, then, would be a nuclear reaction on said system

oosyxxx

teh3vilspa7ula
Jan 4, 2000
BangOut said:
i think around 10th grade, i realized that even with some socially inept tendencies, there was a party wherever i went... being the class clown is like being an atom with party electrons swirling around you... Alcohol, then, would be a nuclear reaction on said system

LOL! I guess that about wraps the thread up then. Inquiry satisfied!

darth_weasel

I won
Apr 20, 2002
UK
darth-weasel.tripod.com
party = friends, people you know but arent friends with, and people you dont know, thrown into a big stew with alcohol. lots of alcohol. it needs not have a purpose, for the parties purpose is only to party, hence it fulfills itself. mmm.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
BangOut said:

yeah! I guess that's it.

Skorch

Banned
Feb 5, 2000
Come to think of it...i blame the scotts for most of our drinking habbits so popular. I mean, come on.... That sh!t doesnt taste good at all.

I'm primarily Scott (with some Welsh/German/Norwegian thrown in just for fun...) and I'll take that as a compliment, thank you!

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Skorch said:

I'm primarily Scott (with some Welsh/German/Norwegian thrown in just for fun...) and I'll take that as a compliment, thank you!

ammayhem is wrong about heavy drinking being derived from the scots only.
Ever been to the oktoberfest? It's the beer holocaust.
And then we germans generally have a much easier relationship to alcohol... like the rest of europe too.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Balton said:
ammayhem is wrong about heavy drinking being derived from the scots only.
Ever been to the oktoberfest? It's the beer holocaust.
And then we germans generally have a much easier relationship to alcohol... like the rest of europe too.

If you could put an instance of heavy socially accepted drinking to a society back in the 16th century...than thats ok....but as far as I know, the scotts where the leading examples.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
OO7MIKE said:
If you could put an instance of heavy socially accepted drinking to a society back in the 16th century...than thats ok....but as far as I know, the scotts where the leading examples.

just look at the alcohol culture in europe. it's not a recent development either.
Just look at the ancient germans who battled the romans. "Met"(honey wine) drinking tree huggers who beat the italians.
the wine culture derived from greeks/italians. etc.
the pub/tavernas from all over the place etc.

oosyxxx

teh3vilspa7ula
Jan 4, 2000
Well, I partied last night. I had half a 40 of O.E. High Gravity ("Take a pull from the pull!" -- that'd be the slogan were I in charge of the advertising campaign) and watched Kill Bill with my roommate. He didn't drink anything. It was a nice time, despite the lack of streamers, puke and confetti.