At what age did you start mapping/coding/...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nevzat

Jan 28, 2009
Cyprus
when i was 13 or 14 years old İ started with ut editor i learned without internet
first i learned change textures then other things.

Jetfire

Jul 25, 2005
I haven't started yet. When I do, you'll know, oh yes...

... :p

I started poking around with the zx spectrum +2 when I was about 16. Got sucked in hardcore with UT2k4Troopers in 2005

Last edited:

Animus

bladiebladibla
Sep 24, 2004
in Manta under water
Very well, where do I begin? I started mapping at age 5. My childhood was typical, summers indoor coding lessons. In the spring we'd make CTF maps. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds, pretty standard really. At the age of 12 I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen, a reverse-engineer named Vilma ritualistically purged my particle-system. There really is nothing like a clean harddisk, it's breathtaking, I suggest you try it

Last edited:

barballs

Packed with Unreal goodness
May 3, 2003
Arizona
www.redbrick.dcu.ie
Tried my had at DOOM level editor in 95. Was 14. Made a 6 mission campaign. Moved on to TIEedit (Tie fighter) in 96. Then nothing until 2000 When I discovered UT99.

rejecht

Attention Micronians
Jun 15, 2009
.no
sites.google.com
Programming: at age 12 in various BASICs, assembly language (M68k) at age 15, then C++ since about 2000--some PHP along the way and Cakewalk's version of LISP (CAL).
Mapping: Since late 2008. No real ambition there, hehe, as long it's fun etc.

Jetfire

Jul 25, 2005
Very well, where do I begin? I started mapping at age 5. My childhood was typical, summers indoor coding lessons. In the spring we'd make CTF maps. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds, pretty standard really. At the age of 12 I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen, a reverse-engineer named Vilma ritualistically purged my particle-system. There really is nothing like a clean harddisk, it's breathtaking, I suggest you try it

lol!

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
My first attempts at mapping was for Duke Nukem 3D, Age of Empires or Descent/Descent 2, can't really remember anymore. The first journey into the world of coding was even further back, "modding" the Gorilla game that came with MS-DOS 5. That was back in or around 1993, so I was about 12 years old.

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
15 when I started with "digital art" in forms of mspaint editing for ReVolt. We all start somewhere.
Programming, not games, in school at 18.

EDIT:: I get all the years mixed up.

Last edited: