Official Minecraft Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
Anyone else been on Sleepy's lately? I made a couple roads and made some minor modifications to my abode but haven't seen any other activity.

I wanted to bring up the idea of starting a new map again. Sleepy could make the current map available for anyone to download and load up in Singleplayer, if you happen to be particularly fond of some of your work and didn't want to completely let it go. Interest seems to be waning a bit and I had a lot of fun those first weeks of February when there'd be 4-6 guys playing and building stuff.

Mar 6, 2004
Anyone else been on Sleepy's lately? I made a couple roads and made some minor modifications to my abode but haven't seen any other activity.

I wanted to bring up the idea of starting a new map again. Sleepy could make the current map available for anyone to download and load up in Singleplayer, if you happen to be particularly fond of some of your work and didn't want to completely let it go. Interest seems to be waning a bit and I had a lot of fun those first weeks of February when there'd be 4-6 guys playing and building stuff.

I'm down, he has a nice single player map he showed me once in his server and it ha many nice views. I havn't played it in a few days because homefront just came out but i'll be going back but i never see anyone on anymore and it kinda sucks working alone all the time. I normally only play at night now...like 10pm EST and on.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Hey sleepy remember that beach place i started building? i found 2 dungeons in it kinda close together and alot of resources along the way. Lots to explore. Both dungeons spawn zombies and 1 of them has 2 chests, the other just 1.
I think I found your beach house thing yesterday. Big square wooden thing? It's very near my mine and "secret" cave.

I'm on pretty frequently. I don't understand the point in restarting tbh. Still plenty to do on the current map.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008

I'm down, he has a nice single player map he showed me once in his server and it ha many nice views. I havn't played it in a few days because homefront just came out but i'll be going back but i never see anyone on anymore and it kinda sucks working alone all the time. I normally only play at night now...like 10pm EST and on.

I think I found your beach house thing yesterday. Big square wooden thing? It's very near my mine and "secret" cave.

I'm on pretty frequently. I don't understand the point in restarting tbh. Still plenty to do on the current map.

Yeah, basically the only people I've seen on any time recently are you three. Even then you guys aren't on much, maybe you should set a time where you all play at the same time instead of playing alone.

About people losing interest, I don't think that's a map problem, just a repetition problem. With minecraft I think after a while people just get a certain itch for creativity and exploration so they end up going all out playing minecraft for a few weeks, but then burn out on it since it gets repetitive. Then they end up quitting for a while until that itch gets to them again, at least that's how it is with me. I'll probably get that itch again in a couple weeks.

Also, I think people need to learn to move around more instead of sticking with a single project, doing that will definitely make you get bored. When I was playing I worked on like 5 different things 1000+ blocks away from each other, so that helps a bit. You can even start from scratch really far away, no point in making a new map. Also to get rid of temptation, when you start from scratch far away, you can't really transfer a lot of items anyways, and I have any kind of teleportation disabled.

Another thing about the new maps. If you just want a cool looking area, every single map is statistically the same, so you basically just have to go look for the cool scenery. There's actually some amazing mountains on the current map NE of snakefus place.

Last edited:

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
So what's going on with water manipulation? I can't move it or fill anything in. I noticed new user group tags when talking. Is there anything between "default" and whatever the admin/op tag is?

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Weird I haven't changed anything, just restarted the server earlier. Maybe I started up the wrong version, did anything in the map revert? :hmm:

Edit:

Alright, well whatever the problem was, it should be gone now. I just remade a completely new minecraft server from scratch and updated to the latest versions. Tell me if any problems arise, a few will probably.

Btw, you will probably need to reset your home, so do that before you die. SET YOUR HOME AGAIN.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004

Yeah that is the one i built. Saw a beach so first i was making a monistary thing then i scrubed it and added a rooftop with waterflow. There is 2 zombie dungeons kinda near eachother if you explore it. One i put glass all around, the other i have not touched.

I agree with Sleepy, it's not the map it's the repetition. But i still like sleepys single player map, it's hilly and has some really nice views. I am bored playing alone so i log in every now and then to see if someone else is on or else i leave. I have played most of the time in sleepy's server alone. SLEEPY PLEASE ADD THE NETHER!!!!!!or however you spell it.

If you see this castle top (roof) at the top of a huge hill that is what i was working on as my other project when i was always on. I play homefront and global agenda so i'll have to work on a time table thing for this game. Come in at ? hour of a day for 2-3 hours or more.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004
Wow um....so i died and respawned in a brick and i spent 5 minutes trying to break it but it never let me leave so i just lost EVERYTHING! and i had some stuff that took me forever to get like 100 iron. Sleepy can i meet you in the server say today (Sunday)and you can give me 100 iron? i can lose the rest easy but that iron took me a while to get. Say Sunday at 9pm EST?

BTW set home does not work...it seems to be disabled.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Alright, homes weren't working because of a plugin conflict and water wasn't working because the new version of this plugin has a bunch of stuff disabled by default for some reason.

NOW they should work. :lol:

Btw I'm not really sure if I want to enable nether because I think it's kinda dumb. I guess I'll enable it for a bit to see how it goes.

Wow um....so i died and respawned in a brick and i spent 5 minutes trying to break it but it never let me leave so i just lost EVERYTHING! and i had some stuff that took me forever to get like 100 iron. Sleepy can i meet you in the server say today (Sunday)and you can give me 100 iron? i can lose the rest easy but that iron took me a while to get. Say Sunday at 9pm EST?

BTW set home does not work...it seems to be disabled.

Damn, should have been more careful if the homes weren't working. :lol:

I'll just put the iron in a chest in your house. Also, I'm not sure why you would spawn in a brick, maybe the main spawn point is messed up. What else did you lose?

Or actually, did you mine or get anything new when you logged on before you died? I'll just restore your character.

Edit: I think I found the problem with the minecarts too. :D

Last edited:

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
attachment.php

:p

Attachments

• demotivational-posters-minecraft.jpg
    demotivational-posters-minecraft.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 187
Mar 6, 2004
Alright, homes weren't working because of a plugin conflict and water wasn't working because the new version of this plugin has a bunch of stuff disabled by default for some reason.

NOW they should work. :lol:

Btw I'm not really sure if I want to enable nether because I think it's kinda dumb. I guess I'll enable it for a bit to see how it goes.

Damn, should have been more careful if the homes weren't working. :lol:

I'll just put the iron in a chest in your house. Also, I'm not sure why you would spawn in a brick, maybe the main spawn point is messed up. What else did you lose?

Or actually, did you mine or get anything new when you logged on before you died? I'll just restore your character.

Edit: I think I found the problem with the minecarts too. :D

Just the iron, the rest was easy to get. Blocks of dirt, cobble, and stuff. Wood is easy to get so i can make more pickaxes and shovels. I'm going in now. I gotta get more cobble for my castle top, as for the red of it...i dunno what i'll do. Maybe i'll just build up and turn it into a tower. Let me know when you put Nether in, i wanna visit that place. I'll add it to my mine at the house i built that you know of (the first one before the beach).

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2mCDkqXki0[/m]

Pretty impressive.

Last edited:

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
So I told someone I'd start up my server again for the new version, which is what I did. Just bumping the thread to let people know about the new version of minecraft in which they added wolves and also to maybe get people interested in playing on the server again.

I enjoy making stuff on the server, but damn it's just such a huge time sink, I guess I'll play every so often or maybe more.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004
Yeah been released since April fools day which is pretty funny. I can only play late late nights (like 1030PM pst) on weekdays. Trying to juggle work and the gym 5 days a week (90 mins).

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
Creepers. Creepers everywhere. The centerpiece of my Creeper village in an isolated valley on my local server I'm playing on w/ my roommate:

[screenshot]http://www.angelmapper.com/img/misc/MinecraftCreeperStatue.jpg[/screenshot]

And a skeleton excavation near my airport:

[screenshot]http://www.angelmapper.com/img/misc/MinecraftSkeletonExcavation.jpg[/screenshot]