Two down, one to go

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
Steam is NOT confirmed for Linux. A one liner in a post on Telegraph with no source listed does not constitute confirmation. Is it being worked on? Yes. Is it ever going to come out? We don't know.

I was a little conflicted in using "confirmed" but "Valve has also confirmed that it will make Steam available to Linux users in the coming months." is kind of straightforward. tbh I thought a Linux client would have been out long before Mac since L4D (one) shipped with a few Linux binaries.

Uh... no, it isn't free. The 'First Slice' version (i.e. the demo) IS free, though.

Actually yeah the entire first game is free.

Not that it's all that big, I had never really tried it much until today, but managed to finish it earlier tonight.

Installed the entire game on the wifey's laptop. She'll probably get caught up in it, realize I finished it in a day, then promptly embed her laptop in the back of my skull.

I cannot fathom how Valve will pull off co-op puzzles in this game. I had enough of a problem with my teen trying to be an arm chair quarterback. I'm sure it's doable of course. Bigger "rooms" and liberal use of more time sensitive triggers and more triggers in general, but still it's going to ruin friendships.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Bigger "rooms" and liberal use of more time sensitive triggers and more triggers in general, but still it's going to ruin friendships.

Assuming most people still have friends after New Super Mario Bros. Wii