UT2004 bots using vehicules in deathmatch

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

OrionCo30

Nov 8, 2001
Visit site
I just started making a deathmatch map that will contain some of the onslaught vehicules. making those vehicules appear in the map was easy with VSOverride :) but the bots won't use them :( Any way I can coax them to do so?

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
Well I havn't tried ANY of the ons,vctf,hell if I want a racing car game thats what I would buy.

BUT !!putting cars in a dm isn't too shabby of an idea,and rather than making it like a demolition derby or somthing,add the car to act as a quad or a shield,like one secret ,ware the car is and then have it only last a little while like 60 seconds ,or some kinda combination just so you don't have a funky DM match.

Just an Idea.

ArcadiaVincennes

Level Designer
May 20, 2004
Joisee
www.avld.org
It's my understanding that you need a snippet of extra code in the map so that the bots will use them. I may be able to dig it up somewhere...

I've played a few DM maps with vehicels in and they're a little wonky with them. Since bots using vehicles is usually tied to an objective, and using them to kill players is a secondary priority, when you remove the first priority (ONS or VCTF objectives) the bots get a little confused as to why vehicels are available to them.

They will use them but not as efficiently as a human player does.

Post back if you need the extra code...

and do read the tutorial that KingMango pointed out. Bookmark it while you're there.

Nemezis

Marcio Nemezis Silva
Mar 18, 2004
Portugal
www.nemezis.pt.vu
I'm also using vsoverride in my DM map, with special vehicle objectives taking the bots to some places (they use the vehicles :D , they don't have serious problems - there are white paths and so - and they get stuck in some areas, but i will manage to solve that, its a matter of adjusting the paths).

My problem is, when playing a Team DM, i can't take the place #2 (in the goliath) or both #2 and #3 (in the hellbender). Once I did it (I remember taking a screenshot with a bot on place #2 in the hellbender) , but I don't know what have I done to make it stop working. Either me or the bots, can only place the sit #1 on every vehicle, if I press key 2 or 3, it takes me to place #1..... :rolleyes:

In regular DM games, It doesn't happen, its OK to take any place on every vehicle (duh, who is going to drive???)... :mad:

One more problem: whenever I or a bot take a vehicle (DM or Team DM) there is another vehicle immediatly after there is space for it. Bots use the vehicles many often, and its no surprise for me to see 5 or 6 vehicles in the same area.... :mad:

Last edited: