The Legend of Sharighar

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I want to write down plans for once I can create content again, I want to have a look back at the contest map from 2011, isle of sharighar (demo).
I decided that I will make a full mappack out of this, mostly utilizing stock Unreal content but as the pack progresses there will be some "new" things present.
It will have an intro, a first map which will be actually a prequel to the map I released, with heavy focus on the story (lots and lots of messages/background) and non typical gameplay, the second map most probably will be Isle of Sharighar but expanded upon. The third proper map and this is a new idea as well, will have player explore the "Land of Sharighar", which theme will be heavily on exploration and less the story itself, but the story will still go on just in a slightly different direction. The map will be heavy on exploration, say something between the new illhaven maps and hard crash map two/three to get you the idea of how it would play out. That means land terrain(though not in the style of mentioned), lots of buildings/side places to go to and a boss fight at the end, although it won't be clearly obvious where to go after beating this boss. The fourth proper map will be probably the final map and unlike cliches, this won't be a short map with a boss, but will instead have a sort of a new theme.
The last map will probably take the most time to make due to "altered" themes and new textures but will feature the most large indoor areas in the whole pack.
I want to make it a fun an moving experience, both for myself when creating it and for eventual players.