Queen(end) mystery

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I always wondered how was he beta Queen.unr what became QueenEnd, the mysterious hangar like stub and other things also maybe suggesting it was once a bigger level.
Just like Velora wasn't VeloraEnd always and had a whole underground part.
The only thing that could reveal this would either be a recovery of th level(it was missing in the infamous beta leak) which probably would have been true if I got the march version a while back from someone who still had it but technical difficulties ruined it, or looking at old screenshots, which are extremely rare.
The Score magazine had a screenshot in queen with skaarjlords being in the actual lair. But then there's something else. IronMonkey recently sent me a pc gamer unreal supplement. It includes the unreal review, an interview and some editor tutorial and cheats/tips.
But the editor section unrealed shots kinda struck me. Because they are from March or April beta of Unreal obviously, though they are tiny shot compared to most other screenshots in the supplement mag. But it shows the queen lair section in the first screenshot of ued. the 3d view shows the pillars, but they have that yellow light texture on the bottom, extruding from the floor, this got heavily changed later and that base is no longer there. But floating above are seen blue wireframe movers, a bit complex ones, kinda similar to the rotors in the half life unforeseen consequences generator thingy. Those platforms float in the air and they are also seen in the 2d views, there are about four of them. Gravitational lifts. So that means the jumpboots wasn't the only way to acess the upper part of the arena. Next, it seems in one of the other 2d views, which has oomed in view on queen apparently, that she is encased in something. Kinda having a barrel like shape but more "pod" like. Perhaps it was organic casing.
That kind of revelation is rather interesting, but i just hope that shot in prticular was bigger. The tutorial btw later instruct you to put a krall in the "finished" level, but the krall is clearly shown to have the beta skin still.

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
The 97 beta shows the Fhub (forgot number, same level reworked for RTNP) had a part that looked like another unfinished exit. Unreal was to be a bigger game than how it finished, the 97 beta is kinda a snapshot development of some of that progress work.
You'll have to post up some of those pics somehow.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
The 97 beta shows the Fhub (forgot number, same level reworked for RTNP) had a part that looked like another unfinished exit. Unreal was to be a bigger game than how it finished, the 97 beta is kinda a snapshot development of some of that progress work.
You'll have to post up some of those pics somehow.
Can't post a pic of that, don't have a scanner, but I believe the shot existed somewhere else.
I think you mean fhub4. That big temple entrance. Also it's still february 98 beta, the "97" flag is a confusion. That beta seemed to have certain levels cut from it just before. Or ones that were not sure if to be included. Skycaves was already made around august 97 as we saw from many screenshots/vids.
Acording to Myscha there were dozens of levels cut just months before release. The temple entrance could have been the acerak map, which was a fire god temple, as opposite to water god temple of chizra. There was also a mercenary map myscha told me about in which you got imprisoned and had to escape, as well as there was a skaarj prisoner.

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
ok, that may explain the maps and the connections. Now I know how to complete that map. I would have to make an exit for that part. The map had a crashed ship in the water. The RTNP fix took the water out and put a Nali House in it. Water God/Fire god...thats the missing link in this game, too bad it was cut. But its in the beta..heh.