Some of that GOOD green.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
I need some help finding out about a type of alcohol called "abinsythe" (sp?). I was drinking some with a few buddies of my, and it was like... uhh well it was really ****ing wierd but I started seeing ****. Not in a bad way, but a drunken good way. I THINK (pretty sure, but not 100%) it was green or tinted slightly green.

I want to know how much it costs and where I can get it from. Thanks in advance.

fist_mlrs

that other guy
Jan 4, 2001
Zittau, Germany
www.fistmlrs.com
thats right, it is illegal in most places. in germany weakened absynth became legal a few years back, but i still preffer the real one i can get in poland, the czech republic or croatia. i guess it's almost impossible to get in the usa unless you know a nice blackmarked or can get hold of the stuff to brew your own (you wouldn't be the first one to regret this later though)...

Eliwar

-
Aug 14, 1999
i highly doubt it as piss tests don't actually test for thc, only metabolites of thc. Anyways thujone isn't the "problem" like thc is in modern society so they don't even test for it directly or indirectly.

erehwoN

The Bass Ackwards BTL
May 30, 2001
Wyoming, USA
Visit site
I brought a couple fifths back from Prague, and my only advice is to get the "expensive" stuff. The good stuff you can drink on the rocks (kinda neat, watching it turn milky). The cheaper stuff is hard to take as a shot, even with the flaming sugar...

Edit: Heh, welcome back Kuro :)

Chow Yun-Fat

W3RD UP
Jan 20, 2001
drink it in moderation... you need to dilute it with sugar and water if its around 70proof and also depending on the thujone level. absinthe is good stuff though, the best you can buy is probably from the Czech republic and its generally a clear absinthe. i just picked up a bottel off of ebay, its french and called pernod and has a slight green tint. its around 68-70% and a really decent thujone level. i payed 80 bucks for it. but the really good **** you can get off of ebay for 150 or so. all in all, dont drink too much of it at once, it becomes a slight psychodellic at that point. having a few shots things take on a nice golden color, its kind of nice. but then again alcohol is a downer so you could possibly have a very bad alcohol/drug experience. its a popular drink with goths btw.

oh yeah edit: NEVER BRING A WHOLE BOTTLE TO A PARTY, GET A FLASK. someone will find it and drink it all if you aren't careful and there goes you're nice 50-150 dollar investment.

Last edited:

Profe

Jun 12, 2001
Visit site
iirc van gogh cut his ear on an absinthe binge D:
I want to try that ****. ME and some buds were on the verge of buying a bottle but we blew all the money on a lot of cheap booze :/

O_DoGG

Le Boner
Nov 17, 2002
France
www.clanvega.com
@ Chow Yun-Fat: as far as i know, "Pernod" is a pastis brand, which is a yellow alcoholic beverage, made partly of anise, that you blend with water to drink it, and which is totally legal, and quite popular among French people. Absinthe is illegal here in France, but you can find drinks that are "flavored" with absinthe, which thing is in fact only a marketing trick. So maybe Pernod is selling absinthe-flavored pastis, but it's not absinthe in any way IMO.

sublime

Cynic
Aug 1, 2000
Texas
www.caffeine-addict.org
Actually o_dogg, from what I understand, Pernod has taken to making true absinthe again. They continue to make the Pernod pastis but the Pernod 68 does contain thujone in accordance with EU regulations.

Chow Yun-Fat

W3RD UP
Jan 20, 2001
sublime said:
Actually o_dogg, from what I understand, Pernod has taken to making true absinthe again. They continue to make the Pernod pastis but the Pernod 68 does contain thujone in accordance with EU regulations.

and that's exactly the bottle i have. i think they used to bottle under pernod fils back in the 1900's (like 1913-ish). i was pretty sure there was more than just alcohol and pastis in it, it so much stronger than even the cheep stuff i've had with thujone.

btw... isn't there a mistake in the EU regulations that no one wants to change back or something?

anaemic

she touch your penis?
Jan 7, 2002
london, uk
buy yourself a bottle of un emile 68, i hear it comes highly recomended. although it does cost BUCKS...