Falling from prone and Crouch

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

wrdaniel

Aug 30, 2001
at the moment if you crouch or prone somewhere you can't fall down from buildings or so. Why that? I think it would be much better if you always can fall down. And if you prone on places with only 5% ground under your body, fall down. When you want to go over small things you need to go slow and carefully, not only press the crouch key.

LoTekK

Peon
Jul 26, 2001
Washington, DC
well, for crouch i believe it's mainly to reflect the fact that you would be goign quite carfeully anyways... i do, however, agree to some extent about the falling if you prone on a surface that shouldn't realistically support you (going prone perpendicular to a 2 inch plank comes to mind)... although in all honesty the game should simply not allow it to happen... the falling idea might create come interesting situations and resulting screenshots, though... :D

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
This is not Tribes 2 and we can't see our legs to look if we can go on some more without falling down ...yet. Till we can do that a way to aproach a edge without falling down is more or less nessesarry, maybe even when we can see the legs... But it would be nice if we could have a extra key for it instead of crouch/prone.

PS. I guess it's just left in since UT handles it the same way. (no prone in UT, i know... :p )

wrdaniel

Aug 30, 2001
its real easy, to walk over small planks without seeing your feet. but its not so easy to stay on the small plank, crouched, aiming, strafing, evade bullets an fire your weapon.