Photoshop Question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

HWAS

Dec 26, 1999
Carnegie, PA USA
members.tripod.com
I know how to make a .gif image with a transparent background, but there is something else I have tried with no success. When I type a word, duplicate the layer, expand the new layer and do a Gaussian Blur, and leave the first layer un-blurred (for a glowing text effect), is it possible to have the blurred text on a transparent background, so no matter where I paste it, it will not have any white "interference" in the blurred part? The interference is caused only after I save it and try to put it on the internet (and it was saved with a white background), and I wanted to be able to post it on my site and/or the forums, for example, with the blurred "glowing" part blending in with its background. Is there a way to do this, or do all blurred images have to be on a background like my green HWAS in my signature?
Thanks in advance.

bullet2.gif

HWASAlien.jpg

ngUID: 365724

[This message has been edited by [PuF]HWAS (edited 05-22-2000).]

Watchdog

Nov 29, 1999
windsor, ontaio, canada
Visit site
I teach a course in photoshop and that is one area that Adobe products are lacking. I wrote in and aparently they are "working ona solution." Anyway, there are a few options that I can offer. The first one is simple: if you are pasting teh graphic onto a solid colour (like the forum blue) simply put your graphic on a blue background. If you have a textured background there are some problems, but usually, with a little trial and error it can be done. Export to gif and and play around with the transparent colour (this seems to work sometimes) and the option boxes. Eventually you will find a combination that will work (you may notice some blurring, but it is a consequence you'll have to endure). Finally, if all else fails d/l a trial version of corel or photopaint and make your graphic there. Concerning transparencies those programs are better, but everything else I suggest sticking with PS.

bullet2.gif

Cry havoc! and let slip the dogs of war.