UT: Forgotten Classics Bonus Pack [DEV THREAD V2]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
[screenshot]http://images8.fotosik.pl/442/31b808d111b6e9f0.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://images8.fotosik.pl/442/4f9ed44cb612cf7c.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://images8.fotosik.pl/442/ed080db1bd8e5a52.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://images8.fotosik.pl/442/9c1d0d2d16f3fd95.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://images8.fotosik.pl/442/d42ec80db1875d3f.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://images8.fotosik.pl/442/00926838bfd1ead4.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://images8.fotosik.pl/442/115c04888da003f8.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://images8.fotosik.pl/442/c757764169760787.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://images8.fotosik.pl/442/c6f4169637e19abc.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://images8.fotosik.pl/442/c704bba1a9bf1357.jpg[/screenshot]

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
There is a new milestone approaching with the completion of VRND and incoming finalization of work upon the Gallery map. We're now just a few days before the Milestone 5 hits.

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
In case you guys and gals didn't know, there is a UT: FCBP group within BuF! http://forums.beyondunreal.com/group.php?groupid=85 It has existed for a while now, but I completely forgot all about it until today, so without further adieu, to all FCBP lovas...join this group and make it shown loud and proud that you love this mod! :D

More news coming soon by either myself or Delacroix! Stay tuned! :)

Creavion

Aug 27, 2005
Germany, Niedersachsen
Thing is, the textures are NOT DXT-compressed, so if anyone knows how exactly step-by-step import textures into DXT-compressed aka S3TC format, please post here.
Ask DieHard... or import the DXT1 textures over UT2004 ... in some cases it works. (Altough you will not be able to resize the textures with Texture DrawScale on this way, since this is missing in texture properties..)

Last edited:

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
Greetings fellow BuFers...I have some bad news to tell y'all, and it might be of a shocker...

Within the past 2 hours, Delacroix and myself are no longer friends (long story... ), and I have chosen to leave UT: FCBP. While I had many good memories (but some bad), I am sorry to say this, but the stress that I endured was too much for me, and I couldn't take it anymore. UT: FCBP is now entirely a project of Delacroix, and it is entirely up to his hands it it gets canceled or stays online.

I am very sorry to say this, but it had to have been said. :( Also, rl issues are getting in the way, so that is anther (small) factor. 9/10 of the problem was stress from the mod, prohibiting me from developing this mod anymore.

It was a good ride while it lasted, but now that I have left, I shall unlock a new chapter within my life!

I also hope that this mod does not get canceled, and does resume to normal standards. Best wishes to Delacroix for this mod, and may he finish it in one piece! :)

Thank you everyone for your understanding...I will be afk for the scene and in my private underground clan bunker (RoninUnrealFX) and real life when needed, so I'll be AFK for the non-underground Unreal/UT scene! How long will this last? I am unsure, but it is safe to say 1-3 months *MINIMUM*...1-2 years maximum... I've recently graduated form High School, and I need to figure out what to do in my life, other than work on a mod that causes me an instrumental amount of stress.

Delacroix, I'd like to say ty for allowing me to work on starting this mod back up! As said before, I wish you good luck on the mod, and for god sakes...do NOT cancel this...it is a gem!

And most importantly...thank you all for praising me along the way, and for being helpful and supportive on me for this mod! May this mod shine bright as a super-nova, and may it reap great rewards when finished!

Thank you everyone! :) Perhaps 1-8 times a month, you can find me in my RoninUnrealFX Clan Servers for UT (and the upcoming UT2004).

P.S: Delacroix, as for the RUFX UT2004 DVD...burn yourself that disc and put it to good use...I no longer need it.

Take care y'all!

Sincerely, and Best Regards,
[~]RUFX[~]RoninMastaFX

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
It's too bad that I find out about that from here, since I had no conversation with you at all at that particular time. You had the full right to quit a mod, but friendships begin and end on private planes of communication such as MSN. Instead of talking to me you decided to post this publically that the friendship ended... Now to be honest, I feel let down. For the fact that you mentioned this publically is unforgivable and will not be stepped "over".

I also quit from RoninUnrealFX, I no longer wish to be a member of a clan lead by a person such as yourself.

Last edited:

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Yes, slower progress. But not cancellation.

EDIT:

I am shocked and almost speechless. Almost... because I still CAN type these words, but it's... hard.

Just so that you know, I triple checked ALL my email accounts and IMs. RoninMastaFX has NOT informed me privately beforehand and just blew up publically. I sincerely DESPISE such actions. I see no excuse for them, be it stress or whatever. Hell, he even had my f**king mobile, so he could have called and ranted directly... privately. But no. I find myself thrown away like a piece of trash and to top it off, in public. I wish no-one else be treated the way I was this particular day.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I am sad to hear that.
Well I myself had a personality clash with you earlier while working on this mod before I left, but I would assume that to the way we both had our visions and because you didn't wait on me when I got ill and I felt too ordered around. But it was nothing serious anyway.

I can't speak about this issue though, I just hope that you will find some people to complete the work.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Leo... I was a f**kwad towards you and you told everything to me privately first before going public. That's a whole new different level of communication than what RMFX is currently doing. I apologize, yet again, for what I did wrong - and I appreciate the fact that I was mailed privately beforehand. If you still wish to have anything to do with me, you can rejoin, and it will be different this time around. I will try my best for it to be, at least. There is less work to be done as RMFX did finish his part in order for the mod to hit Milestone 5. Your call.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I accept that and I thank you for being honest. But still, our issues in the past is nothing what I had to go through recently. (see the hints at the security unreal engine fix thread and that is very vague to what was really going on and also it all makes me want not to trust anyone in the unreal community anymore)
I would like to help out, but I am not fine physically, still without medicaments, got sick and fever with heavy cough last week and I have to go through a lot of examinations next week.
Also I was helping a friend with a server too and wrote a small mutator for him.
And I have loads of projects on my head including Unreal PSX, I am still waiting for a certain guy to deliver the skin, you know I don't want to disapoint him and I like his skins etc. But I guess I will have to ask someone else (got a candidate already, who seems to be very talented), if I will finish the map completely before moving to next one.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Luckily it ain't gonna be THAT much. I will e-mail you all the details and leave the ultimate decision in your hands. ;)

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
I will - as soon as I upload the Milestone 5 build of FCBP. Should be done within 24 hours. I hope... It's just that my upload speed is beyond tragic.

Last edited:

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Important announcement:

Now as RMFX and I have just gotten back on the right track in our private matters, it seemed as if FCBP would resume normally. Perhaps RMFX will inform you in detail about this, or not.

However, one matter came up just minutes ago.

Due to an undisclosed individual barging into FCBP development and hammering its progress beyond repair, FCBP is being put on hold. It is unknown if progress on FCBP (including it's SP branch, ShamuQuest) will be resumed, but as of now, it's VERY UNLIKELY.

Whether current Milestone 5 is released or not, that will be decided later on. Probably, yes. And with design docs and "master plan", so if anyone seeks to continue our work, they will be able to do so, provided I get the option to supervise the new team.

For now, this topic can be locked.

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
Explanation of WTF is going on and the official start of my hiatus...

Wait...how does one guy ruin development "beyond repair" on a mappack? Were all the files compromised? No backups? Or we talking a simple case of data loss?

It's hard to explain, but essentially rl issues caused so bad of development hell for both Delacroix and myself (including the event that happened earlier), and just that alone was the signal to stop before further damage was done. But I would like to make this clear...this is NOT my doing, I didn't can FCBP due to RL issues, but rather, another unfortunate accident happened along the way, and Delacroix and myself cannot continue (95% rl issues, 5% another issue which is an internal matter that cannot be resolved virtually anytime for at least months (and perhaps years on end)), so that is why that FCBP is canned until further notice.

Also, when us two leaders of the mod experienced a sign that nervous breakdowns were imminent (and did occur to Delacroix and myself, although Delacroix's was MUCH more extensive than mine, but both were severe in nature), we had to eliminate the source, which FCBP was the source (at least in my viewpoint, Delacroix's somewhat differs a bit from what he told me, although he is still uncertain to an extent).

In short: I broke a promise by saying I'd finish FCBP, but when individuals experience nervous breakdowns as severe as we had, it was time to lay the source to rest before further damage was done... Therefore, the promise was broken, but for sanity reasons, it was a wise choice.

However, all is NOT LOST!! Delacroix and myself are looking for a development team to finish off FCBP that will follow Delacroix's supervision (as he stated before ^^ ), and I will still be a tester (and only a tester). However, I did bring FCBP from Beta .08 (aka the 'Pre-Alpha') to Alpha Milestone 5, so the promise was not compeltely broken...at least 55% of the mod is done, compared to 15% from before, so there was a significant leap. The Alpha Milestone 5 7-zip is around 250 MB fully compressed, so in reality, compare it to ~60-80 MB in a UMOD from Beta 0.8 (aka the 'Pre-Alpha'), loads of content was brought in from the Pre-Alpha to Alpha Milestone 5, so the majority of the mod is fully done, but there is still lots to be left!

Thanks everyone for your understanding. Delacroix and myself will answer any questions that you may have following this "dillema", and for those who wish to carry out FCBP and finishing it up, please PM Delacroix *ONLY*, and from there-on after, Delacroix will assess you and he will assign you tasks to accomplish.

P.S. I'm very glad I could extend FCBP and help out and along with other individuals, bring the content up to 40% more than the Pre-Alpha build.

The current status of Alpha Milestone 5: 55%

Take care everyone! :)

[~]RUFX[~]RoninMastaFX

P.P.S. My haitus starts right now, and I am only part-time in the actual scene itself, but full time in my clan. Also, Delacroix is back in RoninUnrealFX, and we have made ammends in private, which was the only proper thing to do... We have fully forgiven eachother, and will put that "clash" in the past...and we hope for the best in this mod, for whatever patch it may take, and for those who do wish to step up to the plate and take control with Delacroix as a supervisor, I insist that you do so ASAP! Thank you again folks...I shall see you all (hopefully) between 6 months to 1-2 years time (as stated earlier in this page, details follow there)... God Bless you all...

P.P.P.S. Delacroix, I owe you a ****-load of beer and cold cash on the spot when and if you come to Canada... ;) :)

Last edited:

ZeaLitY

Modernaire
Feb 28, 2008
You know, I lurked around a lot of the old threads when I first came here to make the music collection back int he day. The idea of collecting all the old cut stuff really does have a lot of merit, and I've been actively following those threads (like Leo's effort to get some PSX material and so on).

Is there any centralized...well, "ledger" or listing for all the cut or changed content (like that Unreal patch that only came on the magazine CD)? There seem to be a lot of individual efforts to get this stuff wrapped up, like Leo's PSX thing, this project, Delacroix's beta collection... Perhaps we should have a listing of all the cut content we know about, and fill in what's been found/saved/recreated. That way, all the knowledge about this can survive the ups and downs of individual projects.

The listing could be called "Unrealized" to continue the obvious pun of unrealized content and Unreal, haha. It always helps to know what we're shooting for. I'd love to host it, since I eventually still plan to create a BT maps review site, since Bunnytracks never had a Nali-City type website with screens and such, and I feel BT maps are definitely "art" (other maps too).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.