Lost Odyssey, new Unreal Engine 3 RPG

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
A new Unreal Engine 3 game has been announced. Lost Odyssey is an RPG being developed by FeelPlus Japan and to be published by Mistwalker of Japan. The game was announced at E3 2005, but had not said they were using Unreal Engine 3 at that time.
Mistwalker, the studio headed by Final Fantasy creator Hironobu Sakaguchi, is to use Epic's Unreal Engine 3. The first title to use the engine of choice for next-gen development is Lost Odyssey. The RPG isn't actually being developed my Mistwalker, with that task being given to Feel Plus, a company with over 100 staff which was partly formed by Microsoft.
Several "big ticket" names are attached to this one. Takehiko Inoue on Character Design, Nobuo Uematsu on Music, and, of course, Hironobu Sakaguchi. You might recognize some of those names as ex-Square/Enix employees, in fact Nobuo Uematsu is responsible for the music in Final Fantasy 1-11.

You can view a trailer for this great looking Xbox360 RPG over at GameTrailers.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
I saw some stuff on this over at IGN.com and it looks like a "cute" RPG. Not what I was hoping to get. When I heard that Hironobu Sakaguchi was working on this RPG, I was hoping for something along the same lines as Final Fantasy VII or X. This looks more like a less serious RPG with a lot of humor and kiddie stuff in it. I'm sure it will be good, it just isn't what I was hoping to see.

[edit]
On second thought I think I got his mixed up with another RPG. I think Hironobu Sakaguchi is working on two Xbox 360 titles. And that is where I got confused. I just looked at Lost Odyssey again and I see I got confused. This is for sure a Final Fantasy like RPG. Either that or Square-Enix is working on a "cute" RPG for the Xbox360 and I got confused because of Hironobu Sakaguchi who isn't working at squre-enix anymore, and I just forgot about that. Either way, lots of Japanese RPG loving for the Xbox 360 next year.

Last edited:

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Yes thats it, blue dragon, and that is being developed by square-enix. Like I said, Japanese loving for the Xbox 360. That is incredibly awsome. xbox 360 is gonna get a lot of square-enix fanboys.