UT IRC no window Help?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ve7

Rest In Peace
Dec 2, 2000
In UT irc when I join a channel on quakenet (or any other irc server) I don't actually see the joined channel in UT irc. I see the motd in main, and I can see myself join the room from mirc but I can't actually see the room window in UT.

Does anyone know how to fix this or which files UT uses for its irc functionality so I can attempt a repair? I'd rather not reinstall if at all possible and ther problem has replicated itself in both W98SE and W2k in different installs anyway.

Thanks.

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
Sometimes it takes about 30 seconds from that I can see in mIRC that I join the channel until it shows up in UT irc. I guess that's just lag.

Do you use any special characters in your nick?

Ve7

Rest In Peace
Dec 2, 2000
Thanks Swedix, I'll leave it for a while and see. But it used to work flawlessly until I tried it again (after a very long time).

Tried even basic names like Ve7 and player, makes no diff.

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
What happens if you connect and just leave it?
Yesterday it took me almost 1 minute from that I could see in mIRC I joined the channel until it showed up in UT chat.

Ve7

Rest In Peace
Dec 2, 2000
Thanks Swedix but I left it for 5 hours (!) while I was out but no joy.

Can you tell me in which ini or log the irc history is? I might try deleting that since it's the only last thing I can think of.

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
I don't know if you can read anything in a log-file but there are 2 sections in your unrealtournament.ini about irc:

[UBrowser.UBrowserIRCSystemPage]
It holds some info about you as user:
NickName=[Ci]Swedix
FullName=[Ci]Swedix
OldPlayerName=[Ci]Swedix
UserIdent=u3159832
TextAreaClass=UBrowser.UBrowserIRCTextArea

Maybe you can try to delete this section or put a ; infront of each row.

The second section:
[UBrowser.UBrowserIRCSetupClient] .
contains info about the servers and channels, except the last line: bHasReadWarning=True

Make a copy of your ini before you delete anything

Ve7

Rest In Peace
Dec 2, 2000
Originally posted by Swedix|BuF

Make a copy of your ini before you delete anything

Will do - dude I'm a pro and the two inis are the first things to be backed up pre- reformat :D and I've got about six backups on 2 different PCs jus in case ;)

I'll try the ini files thing and let you know, cheers. I thought UT also keeps a history of the channels and servers you have been to, hopefully I'll find those in the inis also.

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
Originally posted by Ve7
I thought UT also keeps a history of the channels and servers you have been to, hopefully I'll find those in the inis also.

Yeah, that's what i mean:

The second section:
[UBrowser.UBrowserIRCSetupClient] .
contains info about the servers and channels, except the last line: bHasReadWarning=True

You can manually edit this lines if you want to remove or add servers or channels.

Ve7

Rest In Peace
Dec 2, 2000
Well I fixed it by deleting all these lines and my nick name and oldname etc lines.

THen it stopped working again so it must be one line causing the problem.

I've got a feeling it's the = in my tag [=X=] but I'll investigate further.

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
Originally posted by Ve7
I've got a feeling it's the = in my tag [=X=] but I'll investigate further.

Me too. Remove the tag and see if you can join. You can change you nick in UT after you joined the channel. Your irc nick will not change if the characters are illegal.