Graphic and CPU issues

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

kupretet

Apr 26, 2013
Ok need some help, getting tired of trying to find the right answer and file!

Since I upgraded to a GTX 660 I got screan tearing. That's mostly fixed now, but it's sometimes a little jerky - almost like microstutters.

I also recently noticed that my Core 2 CPU is at nearly 100% on both cores in task manager when I play UT - perhaps this causing the jerking?

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
What else is running in the background? Does this (CPU issue) happen with other games?

Tearing / stuttering:

Try turning VSync on, playing with the frame rate limit in the UnrealTournament.ini or the swapinterval setting (0, 1 or -1). Setting the he swapinterval to -1 worked for me; I am runing the game in OGL.

Last edited:

kupretet

Apr 26, 2013
Ok I found this. It has stopped UT using 100% on both my cores and is now 100% on just one core - checked with task manager.

I want to get to the bottom of why UT feels the need to use 100% of my CPU, or 100% of one core. It is definitely UT, after checking processes in task manager. Is there a default OpenGL settings file I could use?