Car race mod for ut1 ?!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

War_Master

May 27, 2005
Ya, Rex's mod is pretty much done but he's still looking for bugs and glitches before any beta release. Another Thing with his racing mod, is that he uses Checkpoints which use cylinder collision, this method doesnt seem to be proper as a checkpoint for the reason that adding too much collision in a huge area will make the sides further than the middle area. He already tried to code an actor that can just trace the player to send the information that the player touched a checkpoint but his code didnt work well I think. Until he figures out a way to make a perfectly plane checkpoint maybe by using a brush or a trace, the mod will stay unfinished.

I tested his mod since he started it the first minute Rex had the idea, ever since we've made mayor progress in the new gametype and a lot of new things were added. Since there hasnt been a racing gametype for UT, it has been very difficult and hard to figure out how to make it work correctly, but as it is now with the cylinder checkpoints, it is 100% playable and hella fun.

btw, Rex's racing mod doesn't have its own vehicles, at the moment it works with vehicle mods like: SLV, RocketX, QJet, or any projectile based vehicles made for UT. If someone wants to make and code the vehicles for this gametype will have to talk to Rex. I am betting that new ground vehicles will make it very fun and maybe even popular.

Last edited:

PsyXandeR

Aug 5, 2005
W00ting himself on CTF-AllYourW00T
Well, I think that it is possible to create checkpoints using scripted Sublclass of Zoneportal, which has some info related to the checkpoint. After that, mappers need to create new zone within a map, as soon as player enters inside it, checkpoint will be activated.

War_Master

May 27, 2005
We are not able to make video clips. Our Pcs are too slow to do so but if we knew somebody that could record and edit them for us, we would let that person check the mods out.

Besides, Rex is really busy with school and I doubt he'll bother or has the time plus my schedule really sucks and I barely see anybody anymore.

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
:lol: Does any one see what that accomplishes?

It wasn't really a dumb question.

you are a bit dumb right?
it means i dont give any **** anymore what happens here since weirdos like
you happen to troll arround here.k?
understand?k.tnx.bye.

Edit: and dont try to provocate me further.i am outta here.
freak arround like you want.but leave me alone and gtfo my threads.
you've been weird since you entered this place first day and never changed.
you really need to think over about your attitude.

Last edited:

K

i bite
Jul 29, 2004
Magrathea
1. yes i am weired. But that's what makes me great.

2.You are big baby. :lol:

3.I will detour this off topic no more, excuse the interruption all. ;)

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
1. yes i am weired. But that's what makes me great.

2.You are big baby. :lol:

3.I will detour this off topic no more, excuse the interruption all. ;)

Stop it!
would any admin take care of this pls?
i am really sick of this persons behaviour.

War_Master

May 27, 2005
I dont see any wrong doing on K at all but trying to keep things in place and threads on topic.

I have just notice that you (xtc), have been behaving kinda rude lately but I take that as some stress (maybe from work or something else) causing it or probably a rough moment in your life at this period. I really mean no offense but I know this happens for a fact because it has happened to me before and I have shown it in places like this which could have been prevented if my state of mind was clear. As for you (xtc), I have nothing against you at all since I know you have been pretty cool before this happening and I take it as you been inflicted by something else that you or anybody else can't control. I just hope you find your problems and fight them so we can have the good old (xtc) back again. Good Luck mate.

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
yes you are right mostly WM.i know you are a good and helpfull guy.
we need such ppl here.that kept this place living all the time.

why in heavens name she bumped repeatedly on a dead thread and
offended the OP in such a situation?
i know her since her first days here and even met her on servers.
i kept my mouth closed all the time.
she really has a bad sense of collective tolerance.my faith of limit
has arrived.heck i am not a saint myself.but i regret mistakes i made and apologize atleast.
for goodness you guys can continue or start a new thread with the same
topic since the idea of this mod is interesting.
i move to ut3.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.