UE3 - General Roboblitz Editor

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nubeh

Jan 31, 2008
Has anybody here used the Roboblitz Editor to create a mod or something? What are the advantages in using that one instead of the original? I guess you have to buy the game to get it right?

[SAS]Solid Snake

Jun 7, 2002
New Zealand
www.digitalconfectioners.com
I have, and it's fine. A lot more work involved as there isn't a lot of examples like there is in UT3. So unless you know the structure (and judging by your past threads, you guys don't) of Unreal Engine well, it will be a hard game to modify.

Yes, you have to buy RobobBlitz to have access to Unreal Editor within it.

It's a cheap game, and if the modification is good enough then people won't mind buying it to get the modification.

Nubeh

Jan 31, 2008
ok, the thing I read is that they had this compiling thing for UnrealScript which I don't know if you have in the standard Unreal Ed3. Can you write Unreal Scripts files (just written code) and then use them in Kismeth or is it possible to take a Kistem sequence and see its source code and modify it? Thanks

eblade

Jan 29, 2006
UnrealScript and Kismet are vastly different things that have only a slight relationship with each other, from my understanding.

UT3 is a much newer build of the engine, and has a bunch of built-in functions that epic added for use with UT. I don't nkow how much Roboblitz does/doesn't have, but i'd expect that UT3 would have a lot more.

It sounds like you have some kind of goal in mind, and no idea how to achieve it?

Last edited:

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Kismet is a mostly native feature. t is connected to UnrealScript via the Object >> SequenceObject subclasses, but don't expect to see a lot of useful stuff in there unless you have a medium-to-deep understanding of the engine.