Kicking off a player

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
M

madkiwi

How does the damn voting work for kicking someone off the server? Last night we had this snot that thought it was funny to run around shooting up his own team mates. I think our entire team voted to kick him, but nothing happened.

We figured that because a majority of players on the server did not vote, nothing happened. Well, what he was doing wasn't a problem to the other team, so why would they bother? In fact, they did not seem to realise what was going on, they just presumed someone on their own team was killing us off. A couple of us tried to explain, but apathy reigned.

I hope that an upcoming version will lower the threshold for doing this, because it really takes the fun out of it. If it is a team game, a team should be able to boot someone.

If someone is booted, does the server block that person's IP address or just the user-name?

Madkiw

Lord_Bunker

Apr 18, 2000
Visit site
was he liquid snake by anychance, just had problems with him. he got up to -40 at one point. servers should set a limit on the score to autokick. -40 is no accident.

page

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
Ha Ha

What up Bunker. You didn't have fun playing with a TKer, I did. NOT!
What a waste.
The vote option doesn't work yet.
Hopefully soon it will :D
And when it does, I hope after like 3 votes, your IP gets the boot, cuz getting everybody to vote will be a pain.
Who knows though, the whole issue is a pain to deal with.
What will work to rid the INF community of TKer's?
Maybe a max amount of teamkills per IP then a boot.
Anyway, the INF team will figure it out, and hopefully soon.
Jaymian

www.bartkus.net/chopchop

sig.jpg