Where are they now (Unreal and UT Oldschools)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mr.PayDay

Unreal and UT 4 ever =D
Nov 16, 2010
Germany
All the UJE/$FS§, ••DD••/GreenBacks, BMF, *UF*, ISVK, CDI, FYM, BR, SB, GF and NF, DS/NBK,VR, fooze, ABC, Pimp76, Porkflutes Guys?

I can even remember most of the names, almots 13 years later:
Overtoad, Pox, Magic8Ball, Hellraiser, Skyfox, Lenny, zulg, Sicko, Maverick, Aspirine, Bitchslap, SATAN, Butcher, The Doc, Dartastic, The Bus, Trakkasure, Terrifier, Buckwild, Dominator, Rock Bottom, Snipers Die, Necro, Coma, The General, Ixeanus, Iceman, Heed, TrawtS, The_Other_Guy, DeathToAll, Hallon, TryNotDo, Mr.Whitefolks, Daftpunk, Supababe, Boomer, Brando, Soulraver Sir Fitz, Unibomb, Kravnos, 1979, Apocalypse, Mailz, Milio, Nothing_But_Trouble, Ulath, DayX, Infinity, Stryfe

While I started this, I found my toplist of players I posted 10 years ago lol

Best Deathmatch Players, Unreal Pre 220:

1.Slut(FYM)
2.Pox (SB)
3.Embodier (DD)
4.Sanctuary (UJE)
5.Viper aka ColdCut (WoH)
6.Aspirine (DD)
7.Hellraiser (§FS§)
8.Sicko(FYM)
9.BitchSlap(UJE,FYM)
10.Infinity (DD)

Unreal post 220

1. Overtoad (DD)
2. The Butcher(BMF)
3. Pox(SB)
4. Ulath(UCD/P78/§FS§)
5. Donald (UwR)
6. Terrifier(BMF)
7. Lenny (P78,§FS§)
8. DeathToAll(SB)
9. Svennelito(Porkflutes)
10.Fister(UwR damals)

Unreal Tournament - German Players

UT-.de

1.DayX(ROD,mTw,FYM,TJBz)
2.Ulath(mTw)
3.Donald(UwR)
4.XtC(LoC, §FS§)
5.Tony(§FS)
6.ColdCut(mTw)
7.Bandit(=RR=)
8.XRay(WoH?)
9.Joerschel(NUB)
10.Horny (§FS§)

Unreal Tournament - America/Canada

1. The Butcher(BMF)
2. Homicide (C1)
3. SATAN(BMF)
4. NoMortal(GF)
5. Hawk(BMF)
6. Devl(AOD, DD)
7. Sicko(FYM)
8. DMan (AOD, DD)
9. Russian (GF)
10.Apoc (C1)

CTF:

UT Germany

1.Joe(D+D)
2.DayX(TJBz)
3.MistaMasta(UCD)
4.Miro(Reaper, MV)
5.XtC(§FS)
6.Tr8tor(D+D)
7.LordOfTheFlies(WM)
8.Tony(§FS§)
9.Helmchen(UCD)
10.PurePleasure(D+D)

CTF-NA

1.1979(C1)
2.Kravnos(C1)
3.Apoc(C1)
4.The Butcher(BMF)
5.Stryfe (GB, DD)
6.!Boom!(NBK)
7.Chimley(DC)
8.Delusion(AOD, DD)
9.Nina(AOD, DD)
10.ColdSun(SA)

As I was an ignorant german, you might miss many scandivian players and teams, and there where plenty of kickass players. Svennelito, my man! =D

I hope I caught some of your memories.
Anyone still in contact with some of the guys?

See ya!

Andreas from Germany alias
Mr.PayDay
Spring 1998 First DM on Ariza; Summer 2003 last CTF on Coret
(former Clans: §FS§, mTw, Pimp78, FYM, TJBZ, WoH)

Last edited:
Reactions: SATAN<BMF>

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
I barelly know any oldschooler, as I am a "newschooler" rofl (found UT too damn late :\ , and computers alltogether lol).

I wish I could be around at that time and play with all those people, and some other people who are not around anymore :\

Mr.PayDay

Unreal and UT 4 ever =D
Nov 16, 2010
Germany
They have all written autobiographies and retired rich.

Oh noez, I always miss the bandwaggon in retrospective. :mad:

btw 2 days later some more names fell into my mind. XS|Pain, $GB$TheDMan, FYM_The Sanctuary, elD|flocutus, Gridlock.

@NeoNite, might indeed have been Boomer

Mr.PayDay

Unreal and UT 4 ever =D
Nov 16, 2010
Germany
I barelly know any oldschooler, as I am a "newschooler" rofl (found UT too damn late :\ , and computers alltogether lol).

I wish I could be around at that time and play with all those people, and some other people who are not around anymore :\

Actually, there was a scene "before esports" and "after e-sports began". To be honest, Deatchmatches and 5on5 Clanmatches were lots of spamfestivals due to weaponstay on.
When I am playing Team Fortess 2, it often reminds me of the former days.
The "skill" was not to die in spammed ASMD Combos, Rocket Cluster****s and Flak Shrapnels. 15 People on Morbias ][ where absurd but fun aswell. Avoid the rockets, spam the spawn points and finish 1st.

Because of that I much referred to Clan Matches which suddenly changed as most Clans began to play weapon stay off and UT turned into tactical position camping and map control.
FOrmer quake players invaded the UT scene and took control. As long as it were not ws on matches. Its funny that the later great players had several problems in free for all DM and Clanmatches with WS on which they called "lame spamfest". Their skill did not help at all. If spam means playing skilless, they got owned by less skilled players.
On the other hand, many ws on clans failed to adapt and quit the leagues.

Overall, Overtoads movement was extraordinary and the whole scene agreed he was the strongest classic Unreal Player (1on1) ever. Funny fact, he played with PantherXL.

I wish he duelled f4tal1ty once, but Overtoad left before that esport stuff started.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I have seen like two of them, but they were acting like royal assholes, so dunno and not sure if they were the same players after all. Can't help you with this.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Well, I got "early" into Unreal and UT (99), but I missed this whole clan scene. There are a few bits I've picked up thanks to Puf/Buf but otherwise...
These forums really boomed back in 2000/1. Took only one day to fill up a page. So much enthusiasm.

I've looked up Boom. Sometimes posts from 1999-2000 still carry the old signatures and clan tags. He was with LoL (legion of lions), so....

Last edited:

Pileyrei

Mar 4, 2008

When is nali weps III coming out? :)

Would love to host a server with them on!

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
When is nali weps III coming out? :)

Would love to host a server with them on!
Most likelly next month (not "before" Christmas, but most likelly "after"), but it's not a sure thing though, and the pack is very delayed already... :\ (finishing the sniper atm).
Either ways, although I apreciate the interest, better not to go into offtopic here :)

@Mr.PayDay: But either ways, I heard a lot of good things from the past years relative to UT, the years I didn't even know what exactly a computer was, and when I actually got one, I only got Internet 1 year after lol (since I am in the community).
I am really regretfull to not have been there in those days, since nowadays there's not "as much" interest in playing it and do new stuff for it (maps and mods), although I did some and still going to do a few more before I move on.

But well, as long new stuff keeps being done and there's minimal interest, I will play and stick around :)

Tooly

Jun 26, 2009
I was the co-founder/leader of ISV-K with Sir Fitz

Name was {ISV-K}Tool-Opiate

I was also part of the C1 CTF team that made it to the top in all ladders before my isp died late in 2001. I never made in past UTI 1 because on my connection.

Name was Centaurus-C1

You named a whole lot of damn people that I forgot about a long time ago. I can't believe how many names you remembered. Still tons more tho.

Sir Fitz and myself formed ISV-K as a co-op clan and then ventured into DM about 6 months later. I could swear on a bible it was Fitz who did the first combo by accident during a co-op map. He then went on to DM and tried it out on lots of other unsuspecting DM'ers 8)

Seems like not so many here remember those people. Some of them still post from time to time on Prounreal but only 6 or 7 of those names.

I DO remember you Mr. Payday. Your name comes back to me after all these years. I remember when my ISV-K used to fill the server up with our whole clan. We also used to have admin to a bunch of servers way back before the 220 patch.

Oh the good old days. I just started playing UT99 again with a mod called Siege. Can be fun when you have good teams. Good to see some old names still hanging around :)

Tooly

Jun 26, 2009
Well, we had a Boom here. He was a moderator for a while, but he hasn't posted in ages. I wonder if it's the Boom[NBK] though...

NBK Boom vanished into fatherhood I believe.

LoL Boom vanished into cave and was never heard from again ;)

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
I totally missed the clan scene. I, instead, was always playing with my many mods and muts alone in my fantasy land. :D

What am I talking about? I still am.

Last edited:

Mr.PayDay

Unreal and UT 4 ever =D
Nov 16, 2010
Germany
I was the co-founder/leader of ISV-K with Sir Fitz

Name was {ISV-K}Tool-Opiate

I was also part of the C1 CTF team that made it to the top in all ladders before my isp died late in 2001. I never made in past UTI 1 because on my connection.

Name was Centaurus-C1

You named a whole lot of damn people that I forgot about a long time ago. I can't believe how many names you remembered. Still tons more tho.

Sir Fitz and myself formed ISV-K as a co-op clan and then ventured into DM about 6 months later. I could swear on a bible it was Fitz who did the first combo by accident during a co-op map. He then went on to DM and tried it out on lots of other unsuspecting DM'ers 8)

Seems like not so many here remember those people. Some of them still post from time to time on Prounreal but only 6 or 7 of those names.

I DO remember you Mr. Payday. Your name comes back to me after all these years. I remember when my ISV-K used to fill the server up with our whole clan. We also used to have admin to a bunch of servers way back before the 220 patch.

Oh the good old days. I just started playing UT99 again with a mod called Siege. Can be fun when you have good teams. Good to see some old names still hanging around :)

Holy shiat, Tool, I remember you and Sir Fitz and ISV-K as well! And of course the C1 gang invading the CTF maps. Those where the days, we were a big community, had great matches, flames and having tons of fun.

Back in that time I had a conversation with Dartastic, §FS§Hellraiser and ••DD••Pox. We thought it was FYM_Slut who was the first Deathmatch Player to pervert the ASMD Combos and owned the floors. I did not even now how to execute this when I first met Slut on DM Ariza. I got my ass badly handed lol

by the way, I would add .dam.Nacher in that best UT DMers list. This dude was awesome.

I will turn 35 this summer and cannot believe how fast the years were passing by. Incredible.

I wish I could gather up 20 or 30 of the Oldschoolers and we could fool around on some UT99er servers. Unfortunately, I lost contact to nearly all of them, because wer were not friends in real life but some young nerds playing the best Shooter ever made. EPICs UT was epic, fellas.

I wish you a great 2011 :)

Andreas

//payday

Last edited:

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Man, you've got a good memory for being able to list all of those names and clans. I've forgotten most people from back then but your list does remind me of a lot of people that had slipped my mind.

I remember playing someone who claimed to be overtoad on a server a few years ago. He seemed decent and mentioned some names and recognized the clans I mentioned but it's the internet so I doubt it was actually him. I played XS Pain in a 1v1 in either 2k3 or 2k4 once but that's really it.

Other than that, I haven't seen anyone else besides willhaven from GF (if you're referring to GoodFellas) and he doesn't play games, he makes them for Epic.

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
Can't say for these guys, but knowing a lot of Russian top players of that time, they all are busy with various stuff, got families and most of them don't even play games anymore.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
We had quite a few players from various clans posting here too over the years. Some names I didn't see mentioned were from clans like |C| and 187 - Rooster, DragonAsh, Troll, Rev, CookieMonster. From GreenBacks there were Voyd and StryfE.

I remember a lot of the people you posted either from here, other forums, or just gaming. I wasn't into the clan scene as this stuff seemed to take up all my time. Good times.