Mutator Help!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DrCrook

Nov 2, 2009
Hi, I was given an assignment to do the following:

create a mutator using WOTGREAL and UDK to create a mutator that modifies a weapon as well as its projectile.

and also modify the game rules.

Where Im having trouble is:
Which weapon to pick to modify and how to get it to use the new projectile I create/modify whatever.
I was attempting to do the rocket launcher and its rocket, but I just dont know what I have to do for it.

Secondly how/where to stick my files at for using the UDK, along with what .ini files I might have to change.

Any help is much appreciated,
Thanks,
~Dave

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Modifying a weapon and its projectiles is relatively easy as it only requires you to subclass the weapon and its projectile class and then use a mutator to replace the original with your modified version. And if you already have a mutator, it's easy to slightly modify game rules by adding a GameRules subclass as well.

How? Check the docs.

If you need additional help, I recommend posting in the Unreal Development >> Coding subforum and not in the UT3 area.

DrCrook

Nov 2, 2009
Modifying a weapon and its projectiles is relatively easy as it only requires you to subclass the weapon and its projectile class and then use a mutator to replace the original with your modified version. And if you already have a mutator, it's easy to slightly modify game rules by adding a GameRules subclass as well.

How? Check the docs.

If you need additional help, I recommend posting in the Unreal Development >> Coding subforum and not in the UT3 area.

Ah! I didnt think you could replace the projectile like that...cool. Ill check out that section for everything else. Thanks man.
~Dave