Is It Possible to Add Titan Pack Maps to UT3 Version 1.3?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Go&nd

Meow
Jul 3, 2002
Visit site
Although I've been playing Unreal since 1998 and I've always been far more into playing online than offline, these days I rarely play UT3 and when I do I play offline.

Unfortunately, the latest patch seems to have broken bot AI in at least Deathmatch.

It's become pretty much unplayable for me as even godlike bots have developed a habit of standing in place and ignoring me or doing the old ultra-slow rotate-in-place to face me dance.

I really like some of the new maps, however, so if possible, I'd love to create a separate new installation which I patch to 1.3 then install a few of my favorite maps from the Titan Pack.

Can I just copy the map files (the ut3 and upk files) from "Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\Maps" to the same location in an install of v1.3 or do the maps rely on scripts, files and engine changes only available in UT3 2.0?

I know I could test this out for myself (and ultimately that may be the only way to find out for certain), but if somebody knows for sure already, I'd like to hear about it before I waste my time creating a whole new installation of the game.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
The titan pack, including most of its maps (probably all of them in some way or another), relies on features that are only available in patch 2.0, so attempting to install it on patch 1.3 won't work. Some maps (e.g. Koos Barge, Suspense/Downtown Necris, Rails, maybe Hostile) might work, but they were cooked against 2.0, so even they may fail in subtle ways.

Go&nd

Meow
Jul 3, 2002
Visit site
That's what I was afraid of. Thank you for letting me know so I didn't waste my time.

Ah well. I guess I'll come back and try UT3 again after another patch.