Mario Map brick question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

liquidsparks

Mar 2, 2006
Hi,

I'm fairly new to UnrealED....5 months in.

I'm currently working on a Mario Map :

Mario1.jpg

I'm trying to get the bricks to spawn items like adrenaline and health, I know it's not the easiest thing and probably requires scripting of some sort.

I've already tried attaching it to a mover by changing the bStatic property in the properties panel, but since I intend to for it to be a multiplayer map It won't work.

I thought about hollowing out the brick and placing the item inside, then having the brick be a breakable mesh.

any ideas, questions or concerns would be much appreciated

Thanks for your time,

Dave

courtney

Jul 20, 2005
If I understand you correctly, all you need to do is change the static mesh of your pickup, be it health, adrenaline, sheild, etc. and your sorted, this might not be what you meant, but hell, I tried.

INIQUITOUS

Purple Monkey DishWasher
Mar 26, 2005
U.K
www.ini.hazelwhorley.com
well on my online map JB-Nyx i have teleporters and emitters attatched to a mover and it works online, ofcourse you have to change the hidden default property bStatic to false for it to work. So theres one way of doing it.

Another way if you want it to be inside a mesh, heres just a quick idea, you could get the exploding barrels, change the mesh, change the explosion type, and change the respawn time to match the health vials etc...

my only concern is that there may be no Yoshi's on the map ;)

liquidsparks

Mar 2, 2006
Thanks to the both of you,

Courtney, sorry I didn't make myself for clear...what I meant was that when a player destroyed the brick block an adrenaline or health pickup would be there in it's place to pickup. Thanks for trying :)

Iniquitous, I tried changing the default hidden property bStatic on a weapon pickup and it just gave me errors, but I'll play with it abit more.

as for the exploding barrels, that's a very interesting idea I'll give it a shot.

As for Yoshi, Would you like Yoshi as a vehicle? :lol:

Last edited:

SODsniper

Jul 14, 2005
WOW!!!

I would love to see if we could get that map in RavenShield! That would be a blast!!

At one time, I started working on a SIMPSONS map for RavenShield. But I got sidetracked off the project.

liquidsparks

Mar 2, 2006
SODsniper, thanks for the comments, I'm not to familiar with Raven Shield...sorry noob Level Designer here...But I'll let you know once the level is done.

Turret 49, you Rock! thanks that's what I've been looking for, I'll get in contact with him and figure out some stuff.

thanks again,

Dave

SODsniper

Jul 14, 2005
liquidsparks said:
SODsniper, thanks for the comments, I'm not to familiar with Raven Shield...sorry noob Level Designer here...But I'll let you know once the level is done.

Dave

'Preciate that.

RavenShield is a Counter Terrorist commando type game based on a modified Unreal 2 Engine.

I like to take maps from other games and port them over to RavenShield. Adds a little variety. :D So far, I have done a bunch of UT99 maps and a Deep Space 9 map from the old UT1 game THE FALLEN.

Good luck with your map.