Can somebody please help?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dexter13

The Coding Machine
Dec 18, 2001
Visit site
Hi,
i have created a gun (with code, model, texture, etc.) for U.T, and everything compiles.
when i summon it in the game nothing appears although i can walk over it, and pick it up. no gun is displayed when i am holding it, but i can still fire.

does anyone have any ideas as to what i am doing wrong?

Lemoni

The Philosapher
Feb 17, 2001
members.lycos.co.uk
CHECK MESHES IN DEF PROPS (IN UED RIGHT CLICK WEAPON AND PIC DEF PRPOS(I ABBREAVATED THIS)) TRY PUTTING THE PLAYER MESH IN THESE SETTING IF NOT THERE no garantees i a newby

L0sT(NDS)

Human Swiss Army Knife
Jun 19, 2001
Atlanta, GA, USA
www.planetunreal.com
Back on topic

Dex, You might wanna make sure U have a 3rd person mesh set up:

#exec MESH IMPORT MESH=mymesh3rdIVFILE=MODELS\MyMesh3rd3D_a.3d DATAFILE=MODELS\MyMesh3rd3D_d.3d

and the following line in UR defaultproperties:

ThirdPersonMesh=LodMesh'MyPackage.MyMesh3rd'

(these examples are for Vert based animation, it's relatively the same for skeletal, but I'm assuming UR using vert based)

on top of that, there are the usual third person animations (I can't say what kind, as I don't know what sort of weapon You're talking about) and texture setup, as every weapon MUST have a third person mesh for it to display properly.

and if U got the anims set up in fist person, then U probably know how to do UR uscript headers to define it's third person animations as well, or, the third person mesh could be unanimated and just sit there in the player's hand, the point is you MUST define a third person mesh, and any imported Mesh MUST have an animation file attached to it, even if the animation file has no actual animation in it.

Alos, out of curiosity, U got a link to UR weapon, I'd like to take a look ;)

//"Thank you for taking the AOL tour, what you WON'T see on your left is the tech support staff..."

TaoPaiPai

Commisaire Van Loc
Jun 13, 2000
Matnik
Visit site
You have to setup 3 different mesh variables in the default properties:
PlayerViewMesh
PickupViewMesh
ThirdPersonMesh

Self explanatory