I've searched but can't find an answer!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Frik_A_Frag

Mar 22, 2001
Visit site
Hi,

I know there is some prob where I can have a ton of custom skins, but they don't show up when I go to the player setup. I can't find any post about how to work around this, even after searching.

Is there a fix? I have seen some cool skins online on a few servers, and some servers have fed me a bunch of skins. But I can't select them for my player! I have moved them from the cache with UT Cache Manager.

I_B_Bangin

habitual line stepper
Aug 6, 2000
Boston, MA
truffles.jpg

Frik_A_Frag

Mar 22, 2001
Visit site
Uh oh, it's in the faq. The ultimate n00b sin. Sorry about that. I'll check it out.

I B Bangin - that is a farkin hilarious web site :D

Frik_A_Frag

Mar 22, 2001
Visit site
Well, the faq still doesn't say what to do when your skins don't show up in your selection from player setup. Any other leads? I'll be looking thru my Unreal Tournament.ini file I guess. Maybe something there?

CrazyCougar

CATatonic
Jan 5, 2001
Ottawa, Canada
Where did you get the skins from?

Did they get downloaded when you went to play on a server? If that's the case they are in your cache and you need to get a cache manager to get at them.

Did you download them from websites? Where the umod files or just files to place in the appropriate directory? If that's the case then you need to either double click the umod file or place the *.int and *.u files in the UT/system directory. Same for the texture files.

Frik_A_Frag

Mar 22, 2001
Visit site
I've d/l some from web sites and a ton from servers when connecting. I use UT Cache Manager, so I didn't leave the files in the cache folder. They're where they need to be. I'm not sure if ones from servers come with the *.INT file or not. Maybe that is it... The ones from web sites were zipped mostly I think. Don't think I d/l too many UMODs.

I found out how to modify the user.ini file to use whatever skin texture I want, _if_ I know the exact texture name. But I'm not sure if the texture names are the same as the file names or not. I have to mess around with it a little more.

I did find this interesting link though: http://envy.nu/customskins/