Where are they now (Unreal and UT Oldschools)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

{NBK}XipE

Feb 24, 2012
Wow Unibomb and Nullzero!! I havent heard from you guys in years! Damn I miss those days in 101 proof -XxX-. Even when UT was dying out back in like late 01/early 02 we still got guys like XXX-Gent and Eidolon to come back out of retirement for one last hurrah, was some fun times. We also added {NBK}Duke for tdm matches during that time which led to the XxX merger with NBK when UT2k3 came out.

We had some pretty good times albiet briefly in XMP as well (way to go atari). Ut2k4 TAM was fun but as we all were disapointed UT3 didnt bring back the community like we all hoped (way to go epic) but at least i did get to play against Overtoad in some UT3 pubs since i never got a chance to before (he was retiring right around the time i starting getting into the clan scene side of ut99) so that was nice to finally have been in a server with the legend himself even if it was a dud game.

I still wonder sometimes what ever happened to the old XxX guys like Eid, Blecht, Black_Label, Natedog, Dealer etc. Damn I miss that clan!
Modulus, BOOM, Duke, Des, Jago and Lei are all on steam if you guys use it you can join our ut group thingy, just add me (nbkxipe)
I tried to get Brando to join steam right before the NBK site went down a few years ago but iI never heard back :( would be sweet to get some of us together for some rocket arena one of these days..

p.s.
NED!!!

Last edited:

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
I still wonder sometimes what ever happened to the old XxX guys like Eid, Blecht, Black_Label, Natedog, Dealer etc. Damn I miss that clan!

Does Misfit = Black label? I was in that clan for awhile and I can't remember. I know thats the name Misfit goes by these days so it's a little confusing...

{NBK}XipE

Feb 24, 2012
Does Misfit = Black label? I was in that clan for awhile and I can't remember. I know thats the name Misfit goes by these days so it's a little confusing...

There was a Misfit that joined XxX for a bit but he was from HFH Hounds from Hell clan that was lead by some guy name Virus. That Misfit joined sometime in 2001 with another guy from HFH named Dogmeat. They both went on to some other clan cant remember might have been {skullface}.

Black_Label was a totally different olschool dude from the original unreal DD. He vanished around 2002 and havent seen him since.

{DC}Gokuh

Mar 23, 2012
These threads are great; always bringing out the best of memories. I had to pull out the good ol' {DC} tag for this one. Anyone remember Jellynuts ?

Although i'm 28 now and my reaction time may be slower than it use to be, I wish I was this age back when I first came onto the Unreal scene. I must have been 14 back then and sometimes it really showed. It kind of humbles you when you read these threads and remember the players back then.. it's hard to find that kind of class nowadays.

The legend OT... and my idol Sicko (I had dial up until 2000 - 2001)... and of course can't forget Brian... the guy who let me join the world renowned Dark Disciples :p We sure tried keeping that clan a live... though I think eventually realized it was better off dead.

Last edited:
Reactions: FuryVII

overtoad

Sep 1, 2011
Oh yeah...not gonna let it die just yet. :D

Black_label and NateDog...Those names had to go back to '98 when I first got Unreal. In fact, Embodier and Trakasure had me play in an FFA to see if I was good enough to join DD, and Blacky and Nate were two of the one's on the server. Shockingly enough, I even remember we had to play the original Deck16.

Pyleirie...Sicko would be quite used to high pings on Euro-servers, hehe.

PayDay, man, only gaming for me these days are on the PS3, and none of it online. Life makes us all have to grow away from such things.

I actually loaded Unreal on my desktop a few years back just to get those butterfly feelings again.

Anyone know what happened to BigPoppaHump and Nina?

And I remember this girl I used to game with once in a while. Clu. Of course you never really knew if people were who they claimed to be, but if she really was a she, she was pretty badass, hehe...

Last edited:

Mr.PayDay

Unreal and UT 4 ever =D
Nov 16, 2010
Germany
Who was "FYM-Grilzr00l" back in the day? I KNOW it was a fake. The Doc? Infinity?

@toadie, I still resist to "grow up". I have a fulltime job, a relationship and stuff but I still spend some hours in the World of Warcraft Auction House (I became one of Europes biggest AH Barons according to the Millions of Gold) and in Battlefield 3 or offline games like Fallout New Vegas or NBA2K12.
Of course I had much more time 10-15 years ago but most of us were all in (high)school, university etc, young adolescents playing on of the first online shooters.

XipE! What steamgroup are you talking of?

Magic8ball

Apr 17, 2012
Wow...that list of names really brings back memories. I still find it amazing how long §FS§ stuck around considering it literally started with myself and my brother (HellRaiser). I still remember switching over to {GF} with Dartastic, HarryBallz, and Beeswax. Not sure what those guys are up to these days.

Anyways...thanks to Mr.PayDay for showing me this thread...wish I could go back and relive some of those unreal moments...unfortunately life took me for a spin and am now married with two kids...so pretty much no game time for me haha.

Tooly

Jun 26, 2009
lol magicgayteball out of no where, kids and stuff too. Grats man :)

ISV-K Tool-Opiate

Centaurus C1

Tooly

Magic8ball

Apr 17, 2012
yea you can thank Mr.Payday for hitting me up on my old ass ICQ number lol. I didn't think anyone still used it but it was a challenge for me to figure out wtf my number and password was.

16181581 ... oh yea...i think they are like 12 digits now right?

av3nger

Apr 23, 2012
I am an oldschooler.

Started with ut-2001 Dreamcast...got ut2003 ut2004 ut3.

11 years.

Last edited:

Paganini2012

Jul 18, 2012
I remember playing against the following regularly (back in my days of solitude):
[PURE]Busterguts, [PURE]Gitago, {Z0ne}Sciatika, [xeno]Solidus, [PURE]Luck, ex. clan, Chicken, Xero|HV... I played XS pain once or twice.. destrukt once.

[PURE]clan was really good from what I remember. I went to the Science Center in Toronto, Ontario for the WCG(2002) qualifying competition which was fun. I got to meet Satan, Xero, HandsofFury, d0zer, Sinnah and Gitago.. was a great time.. we all went out to eat.

I always played because I just loved the game.. was never a bad ass. I was once |WM|DiLL. I eventually stopped playing all the time and had to focus on getting my career together.. now I am a recording artist. Strange how life turns out.

Anyone remember the guys I mentioned?

Paganini2012

Jul 18, 2012
ut2002players.jpg

Clockwise from left: Xero||HV, [PURE]Gitago, unknown (gf of BMF guy), BMFguy (forget his name), Uknown, Satan[BMF], unknown, uknown (might be d0zer), [xeno]Sinnah, |WM|DiLL, unknown, UFO-IntrOo, unknown, HandsofFury. Taken in November 2001 in Toronto, Ontario. This was the night before the WCG qualifying round.

SupaBABE

Feb 18, 2013
Holy balls. The gang's all here!

So I was talking to FlexOutlaw about the good old days so I decided to do some googling and looky! You guys are all hanging out. I dunno if anyone still reads this thread but since Andreas and Toad were nice enough to say hello to me, I figured I could return the favor. :)

Yes, it is me, Supababe. Although I must admit that typing that name sounds SO RIDICULOUS now. ;) Especially considering I'm in my late 30s. haha

I remember almost all the names in this thread so far, and it made me smile. I signed up on this site just to say hello to you guys and see how y'all are doing.

I'm in Seattle, working for Boeing as a Predictive Operations Analyst. Fun, right? My son is almost 16---he was a toddler when we were all storming the maps. Craziness. Anyway, drop me a line sometime and say hi. Let me know how you are. :)

Kit (Supababe)

Reactions: SATAN<BMF>

NIGMA666

Mar 1, 2013
Wow, this brings back some old memories; good 'ol Kravnos with his old shot gunned 56k connection, if that was really ever true? Since I only ever played on 56k back then, he was pretty much my idol.

Oh, and Voyd; can't forget that guy, running around schooling people on Deck16. Showing us the finer points of item/powerup control and timing.

PATOS

Feb 5, 2010
hahahaha... Mr. Payday, the reason I am laughing is because I have been thinking recently about some good old UT Lowgrav\Insta\CTF games and if there were still any populated servers to play on. So I found this site, and I was reading thru this thread and I see my name pop up in one of your replies. It's funny to me because I never thought i was a memorable player, as far as skill, and it was probably just the name you remember because it was a bit humorous, but I was CanofWhoopAss.lol A buddy of mine who raced N2 introduced me to UT back when it first came out and we played the various modes as a break to NASCAR. I remember the first night we tried UT online and we thought we were decent players and how quickly we found out we sucked. haha
We would play off and on but I started migrating to the LG\Insta\CTF and only played that from 2002'ish on until like 2005-06 when i fizzled out. I never did join a clan but did get asked a couple of times and declined. As I played Insta only I started out as CapfullofWhoopass, then I went to CanofWhoopass when I got a bit better and my final tag was CaseofWhoopass when i peaked out.LoL However, i never was anywhere close to a top level player. It was just funny seeing my name in a thread because i never thought i was a memorable player, for any reason.lol
I still have the old computer I started playing UT on and I could find a lot of old names i bet many would recognize, although i can't think of them off the top of my head now.haha
My buddy that intro'd me to UT had another guy that played with us and then joined a clan called SoL or SeD, i think it was. That's the only one i can remember without seeing my old comp i use for storage. I am going to have to install the game and see if there are some servers to play that mode on.haha

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
I consider myself an old-schooler. I'm fairly new to BU compared to some of you, I spent the early days on GT/Inacommunity forums, Quakenet, and the GTF back when it was still T.com. I'm sure there were other places but I can't remember them.

I was given Unreal as a present not long after it's release. At the time I was running a 333mhz AMD K6-2 and something like 64mb of RAM if I remember right. I had an 8GB hard drive (which Unreal used copious amounts of) with Win98SE and no 3D accelerator, so I was playing in 480x320 Software Rendering or something close to that :D Nonetheless, as soon as I saw NyLeve's Falls I was hooked. Even rendered in software it was one of most amazing gaming moments I ever had. By far, my favorite part of Unreal was learning to use the editor. I was using Skaarj_L0rd as my nickname back then and I had a hosted site on PlanetUnreal for a while. When the Gamespy reshuffle hit I moved my site to Unreal Nation. Sometime around UT going gold I kinda gave up on mapping and took a hiatus. During the UT era I was going by DarkED and a couple other nicks on various sites.

EDIT: Also during this time I was working as project lead on an Unreal modpack called 'The Turn of the Century.' It was going to be a weapons-oriented mod with some fairly unique stuff, I guess it would have been similar to Unreal4Ever in those days. Sprint1 over at Weapons of Destruction did a featured piece on everything we'd gotten done so far and the community seemed to like it, but people kept having real life issues and we were never able to get a public release finished.

I picked up UT a few days after launch and start playing online matches on dial-up, fun times that 300+ ping was. I played a lot more online matches when we got DSL sometime in 2000 but I was never great at it. I hopped around with some clans from time to time, my longest stint was with HS (Hells Satans) clan. In the UT2004 era I continued to play UT online with some guys that live across the pond, some of you may remember Truff's Crap 'N Ghey server. I spent a lot of time on that one with guys from GT/Inacommunity. I don't think it was Atari Community yet back then. UnrealEd 2's release got me back into mapping, it was just so much more stable. I released some less-than-stellar maps under the nick DarkED in that period.

I skipped UT2003 entirely, but I picked up UT2004 not long after release. Not long after, I had pretty much given up on editing Unreal Engine 2. I was against static meshes along with lots other mappers back in the day.

I played the UT3 demo but it didn't appeal to me much, so I skipped UT3. By that point I was just tired of arena shooters.

Nowadays I'm no longer mapping (although I did release a UT map, DM-Tier, not too long ago. It's in the release thread.)

These days I'm trying to apply my talents to the music, photography, and film-making industries. I also own and operate a company that does social media marketing & management, band booking, promotion and management, and some other services. I don't game online much anymore but I do keep up with singleplayer games.

Last edited:

|HfH|Virus

May 22, 2013
There was a Misfit that joined XxX for a bit but he was from HFH Hounds from Hell clan that was lead by some guy name Virus. That Misfit joined sometime in 2001 with another guy from HFH named Dogmeat.

HfH is still around after 15 years. I still keep in touch with a few of the guys. po0r comes up here to visit once in a while.
A few of us still play together, after a host of FPS games we moved, like many to WoW and then on to others.
Haven't talked to MisFit in a few years or his brother.

Dogmeat, Laser, Supertrap, Dave, Seth, I would mention Timmys nick, but he changed it like most change underware. But,my god the list is long, and I have forgotten most.
po0r and I sat down a few years back and had, we thought a close to complete list of everyone that was in HfH for UT99. Wish I could find that.

Its good to see so many on here still going as well. Some of the names bring back a lot of good times and memories of a sniper round to my head.
Oh and in the list of |pure| players, lets not forget Cadence.

Take care guys

V

Reactions: dcs-wr3ct

downforze

Sep 2, 2013
Here are some names to add:
Viruz
Xs|pain
the guys from ocrana (asym3trie ...)
lauke
roxx
gitzzz (WCG winner 2001/2002)
evenflow
askold
badct (btw. badct|Headcrash died in 11/2001)
the guys from fooze (zulg..)
killu
mtw|crush

and some important clans from europe:
xtreme
mortal team work
fallen souls
r47
mmx
a-losers
nfaculty
ocrana
vnv
respawnkiller
royal assassins
shuuk
schroet kommando / sk-gaming
4kings
aAa
fnatic
fallen souls
nasty unreal butchers

I played for NUB in 2001, i think. It s so far away. Today I am 29. Time runs fast these days.