Left 4 Dead 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bonecrusher

Make choices, don't look back...
Oct 14, 2001
Spring City, PA
bua.beyondunreal.com
Personally I think they're going to mess up a good thing. Melee weapons... daylight?? It looks like the same exact game with different characters, weapons, levels, and one new special infected. Someone could mod that for the current L4D instead of making it a new game. I'll probably get it anyway... the only characters to choose from are either hillbillys or dark folk? Come on.

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
They've changed a few things like zombie physics; you can blow off limbs, jaws, and shoot big holes in their stomachs... which I thought looked cool. The zombies look better as well... also cool.
They also added "uncommon" infected, like the guy in the hazmat suit, who is fire resistant.
Granted the Charger is kinda weak at first glance, but I bet the carnage would be awesome if you teamed him up with a tank.

As far as the characters go; well, the choices are weak now... Zoey is a spoiled little rich kid, Francis the biker, Louis the exec with a gun fetish, and Bill the vet... who is probably the most fitting of the four.
I think the idea is; it could be anyone... even you. ;)

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Frying Pan Melee, Incendiary Bullets, wish they had more characters to select from..Looks OK can't wait...

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
I was just watching an interview on G4 with one of the guys working on L4D2, and he stated that there would be 3 new special infected (the Charger being one of them).
:D

Shattered_Steel

Birthed of Destruction
Mar 9, 2002
Kettering, OH
Well, anyone interested in pre-ordering this game? I want to play more, but I'm not too crazy about paying $45+ for it. However, if we want to pool our money and get a 4-pack, that works out to under $34 per game. Anyone interested?

Devastator

What are YOU looking at?
Apr 8, 2003
North
bua.beyondunreal.com
Not getting it. Even tho i'm starting to work soon, I don't have money for it. Desides, didn't have that much fun with the first one. To me Borderlands and APB look much better.

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
I got it pre-ordered @ Gamestop.
I should also mention that anyone interested in Red Faction Guerrilla should wait until they have a couple of patches out... it seems that the problems I had with it before weren't as much about my hardware as they were about a bad build at shipping time.

Shattered_Steel

Birthed of Destruction
Mar 9, 2002
Kettering, OH
Since Lurk already has it pre-ordered somewhere, I don't really know who else to ask. Aaron? Morty? Anyone feel like paying $35 for a game you won't see for a month and not play all that often? (I guess I can't really say that, it might turn out whoever gets it plays it more than I do - but I doubt it.)

On second thought, I wonder if we can purchase the four pack and just not assign a Steam ID to to one copy for a while (until we find someone willing to pay for it).

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Can Arron run it on his PC? I haven't looked at his specs but its in need of upgrading. If he can we could probably work out a deal or something.

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Here's whats recommended.

Recommended:
o Supported OS: Windows® 7 / Vista / Vista64 / XP
o Processor: Intel core 2 duo 2.4GHz
o Memory: 1 GB for XP / 2GB for Vista
o Graphics: DirectX 9 compatible video card with Shader model 3.0. NVidia 7600, ATI X1600 or better
o Hard Drive: At least 7.5 GB of free space
o Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Pre-Purchase Left 4 Dead 2 - Four Pack $134.99
Includes four copies of Left 4 Dead 2 - Send the extra copies to your friends and you'll all get early access to the demo and exclusive in-game baseball bat.

Available: November 17th, 2009
This game will unlock in approximately 1 month, 6 days and 4 hours

Alright here's the INFO. I can Pre-Purchase this weekend. If we do this it will cost about 35/game saving 10 bucks. I know Jim & Jason want in. Did anyone talk to Aaron or Todd. Let me know, I could always give a copy to my Nephew or someone for a XMAS Gift.

Last edited: