Just Some Thoughts...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
What exactly happened to this community to cause this much deterioration? I don't really understand why there are people coming in daily posing some this person, posting "OMGOFMGOMFGOMFG!" about another or whatever else they do. What on earth caused this to happen? Last time I checked into XMP, the community wasn't nearly this immature or anything. I mean sure we had ObviousGay (and I can probably bet that's where all of this started) but the game was still enjoyable and the community was still happy. Not anymore it seems. It seems as though the community has just went to the dumps. It's depressing. There are a lot of good people here. Flack ho, Xaero, Dead_Metal, etc and I just don't see any reason as to why people such as these have to ALIAS on public servers to avoid conflict! What happened?

And as for all of these whiners and complainers and whoever else I missed, why do you persist? XMP is being ported to UT2004! Cheat protection! You all complain! Why? A bunch of people post about this and that and the other thing and you all complain! Why? People post goodbye threads ALL OF THE TIME! Why? I dont get it. If you're going to leave this community, just leave. Don't announce it to the world, just pick yourself up, brush yourself off and be on your way. You dont have to act like a thirteen year old drama queen attention whoring her way out of running away from home. If you really wanted to leave, you'd leave, period.

Now then, as for this community, I dont know what will do it, but I want to get it back on track. XMP is one hell of a great game with a lot of awesome, dedicated players but the community doesn't appear that way. Some type of abnormality happened along the way and screwed some type of code or something up and it resulted in this: a bunch of bickering, bitter people with a few good ones scattered, people who post just to get attention and make fun of a person, people who have to alias to avoid conflict on pubs, etc. I'm sick of it and I'm sure the lot of you are sick of it to. Do you want XMP to be the next CS community attitude-wise? I don't either, this needs to come to an end. Like I said before, I dont know how it will, but I'm hoping that the good people in this community can work together to pull through.

i_am_Loki

god of mischief
Feb 21, 2004
wtg you be our fearless leader and get this community back on its feet. I will now call you Mr. President

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
i_am_Loki said:
wtg you be our fearless leader and get this community back on its feet. I will now call you Mr. President

I'd love to start but sadly, I dont really have admin access or mod access to these forums, that would be a first step. We also need to improve the communty in the game. If someone does something retarded, ignore it, do not give them attention, find out who the admin is and report and walk away, that's all you have to do. No "STOP TKing!! OMGFG" that's what they want from you, if you put an end to their attention and report them, you put an end to them.

Things like this need to be done.

i_am_Loki

god of mischief
Feb 21, 2004
tkers dont bug me cuz im not skilled enough to be any fun for them. Infact i havent seen tkers in a long time.. but then again i've been kinda buisy and haven't gotten to play xmp a whole lot lately

Nov 4, 2001
The Kitchen
Don't waste your time Daed, you'll never be able to weed out all the idiots. Just find some private servers with friends and have some intelligent games. Public servers are often infested with morons, the way the forums seem to be, given that they are the official XMP forums for Epic itself...

But seriously, don't waste your energy. I mean, very few people here are even capable of using proper English grammar... they probably can't even read what you said unless you translated it to something like "LOl u 4ll t0t3l suxX m4n u gh3y f4g i tot3l k1ll u fUx003r b1tch!11!1 LOL"

RLD

Δηάŗ©Ħî§Ŧ on the left.
May 15, 2004
Some people have gone to other forums where there is a zero tolerance for the kind of crap that goes on here. Alot of people are already banned from those forums so this is there only place to be morons.

RLD

Δηάŗ©Ħî§Ŧ on the left.
May 15, 2004
Waffnuffly said:
Don't waste your time Daed, you'll never be able to weed out all the idiots. Just find some private servers with friends and have some intelligent games. Public servers are often infested with morons, the way the forums seem to be, given that they are the official XMP forums for Epic itself...

But seriously, don't waste your energy. I mean, very few people here are even capable of using proper English grammar... they probably can't even read what you said unless you translated it to something like "LOl u 4ll t0t3l suxX m4n u gh3y f4g i tot3l k1ll u fUx003r b1tch!11!1 LOL"

:tup:

Mar 6, 2004
I mean, very few people here are even capable of using proper English grammar
That's like me, english has never been my strong point that's why you see me misspell/put comma's and periods and stuff in the wrong places.

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
RLD said:
Some people have gone to other forums where there is a zero tolerance for the kind of crap that goes on here. Alot of people are already banned from those forums so this is there only place to be morons.

I know this. That's why I'd love to become a moderator of this forum. I wouldn't put up with a single post or anything of this nature. It's too immature and shouldn't be tolerated to the degree that it is at this forum.

damn

Jan 27, 2004
Yes, it is a shame the posts are like that. Also, a shame that you are at gunpoint and forced to read them.

Nov 4, 2001
The Kitchen
(GR)Killer said:
That's like me, english has never been my strong point that's why you see me misspell/put comma's and periods and stuff in the wrong places.
That's not what I mean. It's one thing if you are learning English as a second or third or n-th language, but if English is your FIRST language, you should be able to write words without throwing in numbers randomly to replace letters. Even if you aren't great with writing, it still is obvious when you are making an effort rather than just typing crap to try and compress your message to a few, barely-readable 'words'. There's a big difference between lack of skill and lack of effort... it's the people who are most-likely able to type normally and spell out words but don't that annoy me :) But then again, you could argue that people who spell words with numbers are putting in more effort... in the reverse way, or something. o_O But either way, the letter/number things aren't even the biggest indicator of an idiot; the message content is. It just so happens that a lot of the idiots type like that, which, fortunately, makes them easier to identify now :p

petCROW said:
Also, a shame that you are at gunpoint and forced to read them.

Heheh, :biggrin2: ... you have a point, but they sure are annoying as hell to read. I guess it can't hurt to vent now and then if they are allowed to type that way constantly though, right? :)

Last edited:

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Why should we even have to avoid them. They shouldn't be on here in the first place. How can you avoid it when its spammed accross 15 threads? The community is rotting from the inside, regular players always under alias, tensions tight, and flame wars exploding at a drop of a hat. I'm tired of it. I like these forums, and hope the mods do some house cleaning, soon.

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
Maxx said:
Why should we even have to avoid them. They shouldn't be on here in the first place. How can you avoid it when its spammed accross 15 threads? The community is rotting from the inside, regular players always under alias, tensions tight, and flame wars exploding at a drop of a hat. I'm tired of it. I like these forums, and hope the mods do some house cleaning, soon.

good to see someone is on my side :)

DJM312

Beta tester
Oct 3, 2003
Bristol,Ct.
Visit site
Daedalus, I couldn't agree with you more . I'm one of the ones that left. You may call me what you want, It doesn't matter . I got tired of the bullsh-t , I tried to put my points across about XMP some would listen , some would not . I don't have a problem with any one here on the forums . It's just the content , nothing lately - except alienpods map pack , relates to xmp . It just got out of hand . Untill someone controls the content , it will always be dumb sh-t on these forums . Peace - =PF=Dman .

RLD

Δηάŗ©Ħî§Ŧ on the left.
May 15, 2004
petCROW said:
Yes, it is a shame the posts are like that. Also, a shame that you are at gunpoint and forced to read them.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious Dr.Phil :rolleyes:

It's Imature replies like this that keep the crap pile steaming.

mrpirate

WTFLOL
Jan 21, 2004
Ontario, Canada
WTF I H8 U AL!!!1111

But seriously, these forums aren't that bad, in my opinion. Compared to the other forums I frequent, anyway. The "Official Renegade Forums" could teach lessons on flame wars.

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
RLD said:
Thanks for pointing out the obvious Dr.Phil :rolleyes:

It's Imature replies like this that keep the crap pile steaming.

Crow cracks me up, hehe. And he's right (least in my opinion)

Anyways I'd just like to point out that the majority of the jerry's kids threads in this forum keep getting replied to and bumped up by the "mature serious" inhabitants of this forum as well. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that if you feed the bull, there's gonna be more bullsh!t. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.