Bosses[Spoilers Guaranteed]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MachDelta

Haphazard Nobody
Apr 29, 2001
Canada
Visit site
I've got dynamic shadows turned on, pretty much everything cranked up, running at 1680x1050 on an Q6600/8800GT/2gig system. Can't say the game ever chugged.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
I've got dynamic shadows turned on, pretty much everything cranked up, running at 1680x1050 on an Q6600/8800GT/2gig system. Can't say the game ever chugged.

Define chugged. Do you get constant 60 or does it sometimes dip into the 40's? I ask because that is the exact system I have

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
^Same, except I have 6gb ram. It does drop to the 40's or 30's occasionally. Large built up areas like New/Old Haven are the worst.

Indoor areas like caves and arenas/bunkers are usually a perfect 60 (I have VSync on). Most of the "hub" areas like the Arid Badlands will drop to 50 maybe with a lot in view.

It's pretty impressive that the game runs as well as it does considering the size of terrains and the amount of stuff in some places.

MachDelta

Haphazard Nobody
Apr 29, 2001
Canada
Visit site
Naw it usually swings between 40 and 50. Dips into the high 30's in Fyrestone or during big firefights. Almost never below 35, and never low enough that I notice it. To me, chugging is when it gets down in the sub 30 range and you start having trouble with input. For a single/co-op game 40-50fps is fine with me as long as it looks good :)

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
I just fought Sledge last night....

My buddy at work (360 player) was preaching that Sledge was soo damned hard, and it took him try after try to kill him. I had him dead within 2 minutes.

My friend is a noob. I'm going to inform him of this when I go to work today.

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
My friend is a noob. I'm going to inform him of this when I go to work today.

I beat down Sledge with my bro and cousin. Didn't even take 50 seconds.

Bro and cousin decided to glue themselves to one another though, and died from something splodey, leaving me to get their pansy asses back up! :lol:

MachDelta

Haphazard Nobody
Apr 29, 2001
Canada
Visit site
I dunno about anyone else but I found most of the bosses in this game disappointingly easy. The final boss was a complete letdown. The only guys that ever gave me trouble were Mad Mel and Marley & Moe. Most of the other bosses were either dead easy (Krom, Bone Head, Rakk Hive, Wee Wee, etc) or could be cheaped out (Rakkinishu, Mothrakk, etc). Very few actually felt like fair fights (Skagzilla?) and even then they never really seemed hard. Honestly the most fun and challenging encounters in the game are probably the two Circle of Death arenas. Round 3 of the second circle kicked my ASS the first go, and my second attempt at it I only barely survived. Hell of a fight though.

Oh, and I know this only barely qualifies... but Exus asked so here's a short and boring video of me alone kicking NineToes' ass.

Now someone post a real co-op fight, like Mad Mel or something. :D

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
I laugh every time those Boss screens pop up. The "P.S. You guys aren't friends" one was great. I love how they do that to introduce them.

Same here. I was disappointed when I found out they don't do the same for the side-quest bosses :(

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
All I have is ON or OFF.
you're right.

I was confusing what I just told Fuzzle with what I had just told someone else about another game (Assassins Creed) this week in which shadows were a problem. but I got the games backward and said there was a problem where there wasn't one.

sort of like virtual dyslexia :eek:

so yes, that didn't help anyone and I was completely wrong.
this is what my Borderlands options look like:
[screenshot]http://i36.tinypic.com/13z0twh.jpg[/screenshot]

and it's running @ 1680x1050 and actually I haven't noticed any problems related to dynamic shadows.

Last edited:

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
What are you running the game on?
Like I said I know that visually this game is a little bit better than UT3, but I can run Warfare maps very fluidly and this is all jittery all over the place each hour of play. :/
And turning on the shadows takes out so much performance...

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
what am I running it on?
you mean my system specs?

XP Media Center SP3
quad-core @ 2.4
3 gigs RAM
ATI HD4870 w/ 512 onboard

Apparently, some of our members do not know we have a [screenshot] BBCode.
it's already cropped considerably.
apparently, some of our members view the forums with monitors the size of my fist :p

Last edited:

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
what am I running it on?
you mean my system specs?

XP Media Center SP3
quad-core @ 2.4
3 gigs RAM
ATI HD4870 w/ 512 onboard

it's already cropped considerably.
apparently, some of our members view the forums with monitors the size of my fist :p
This monitor is 23.5" and pulls 2048x1152. It's still breaking the layout.

Stop being lazy. Edit your post.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
The Mad Mel fight was pretty damn annoying but a neat concept. Maybe I was underleveled?