Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I think (it's probably said a million times already) it would've been better to have cast lesser known people for those parts. ESPECIALLY clooney. I couldn't picture him as an astronaut, not for a single moment. All I could think of is him reaching for a nespresso (isn't it?) and a billboard appearing around his head.. something along those lines. Way too smooth.

It's a good movie, but it didn't really impress me that much.

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
Going to see them all back to back.

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies - 8/10

I'll give it an 8 for being LOTR but, to be honest, it feels like an extension of the previous movie as if they were filmed in the same stretch.

It also leaves some openings for further intrigue. But will there be any more ? Or is this the last of Tolkien's books ?

Let's be honest here, that's what most of us will do. Get friends round, get the supplies in, and watch all of them back to back :)

I doubt the Silmarillion will get made into anything on screen. Then again, I didn't think we'd see Episodes 7-9, so what do I know...

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
The Sweeney. 7/10

Nick Love spends not a lot of money remaking a classic brit series & sort of manages it provided you don't think too hard.
Hilarious in places, cringeworthy in others.

The only thing I really took away from this film is how weird it is to see a full-on gunfight in Trafalgar Square whereas I'm perfectly happy to accept exactly the same thing filmed in an American city.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Virtuosity-4/10

Back in the day when this was made virtual reality films were popular as the information technology boom was on the rise. This film seemed lame and weak back then and it is even lamer and weaker in the present day.

Lawnmower Man for the disco crowd..........

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Lawnmower Man for the disco crowd..........

Y'know Lawnmower Man is based on a 4 or 5 pages long short story by Stephen King. The short story is quite funny and has only one thing in common with the movie, you see a lawnmower operated by a man once. Movie is the typical hollywood trash.

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Sacrface-6/10

Perhaps this flick was ground-breaking when it was released and set some new standards for portrayal of mobs. organised crime and violence. I must admit that seeing it again didn't really thrill me; perhaps because it now seems pretty tame by comparison to what Hollywood throws up today.

In my opinion this is far from being de Palma's best film.......... and Giorgio Moroder's soundtrack music is truly horrible; I think it probably was back then too.

Luv_Studd

Aug 17, 1999
VT
Visit site
Boyhood - 7.5/10 - mediocre story, but interesting factoid: it was filmed with the same actors over a 12 yr period, so watching the kids and actors transform as they age was the draw. Ethan Hawke starred.

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Sucker Punch 9/10
+1

Oblivion-6.5/10

I've probably said this before but, in my opinion, Tom Cruise is only really good when the movie is really good and under the hands of a really good director. Other than that he can be pretty average.

I did see this flick when it first came out at the cinema as was only moderately impressed. Visually it's great and the music is really good. I did think that some of the plot points were a bit weak.

I watched it again the other night and was a bit more impressed. The weak plot points are still there; it's just that the second time around you have more of a chance to pick up on things which are at their weakest. It is an immersive universe and very well put together with some nice details.

That being said; this is about as impressed as I'm going to get.....