INF 2.65 pwns all others OwdScho!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

~DH-CrackeR~

Proud Leader of Deaths Head
Dec 26, 2004
kentucky
www.unrealinf.com
Yes its true. I have to point out when INF went into UT it just started goin down the wrong path :p U1 inf is the fastest purest shooter ever invented. I want you guys to check out this site and look at all the players still stick w/ 2.65 after all these years and drawin in fresh meat daily almost. http://www.gestats.com/

You all should just get an unreal iso and come on back where all the action is! www.oldunreal.com has a new official patch and all the original inf files for your pleasure. And the original unreal is around all you gotta do is buy it or look.

Where else are you guys gonna top 200 points in under 20 minutes??? nah 2.9 just wont do that for ya, lol I been playin inf for YEARS and i couldn't play ut for 5 minutes and i was wating more blood!

Come visit us sometime INF TEAM.

}A{Devil

Sep 24, 2008
If by chance some real old viewers see this im CyBeR, used to a be a big nub when unreal was at its height.
Unreal is still going strong right now, more people would make this game fun.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
You may want to argue wether or not INF2.9 players perhaps prefer a different kind of gameplay - not fast but rather slow, not about getting points but about accomplishing a goal and working as team. I'm not implying any of the two playstyles to be "better" than the other, since what pleases people is right, so both INF2.65 and INF2.9 must be right on their own - just for different kind of people.

So while I do have a copy of Unreal lying around (used for INF2.9 COOP) I doubt I'll end up installing 2.65.

Lethal Dosage

Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer
I'm with Snakeye on this one, I've been playing INF for a long time, looking back probably 5-6 years, but i'm not into fast paced run-n-gun shooters. I prefer slower, tactical, realistic shooters (the latter is rarer then hens teeth). I absolutely despise games like CounterStrike, and while UT and Unreal were fun for their time (and when i was young), their not my playstyle anymore.

Sorry, i'm gonna stick with 2.9!

verlatt

... or something like that.
Apr 1, 2006
I play UT sometimes, but always with C4 mut on... Not realistic, but fun nonetheless :).

~DH-CrackeR~

Proud Leader of Deaths Head
Dec 26, 2004
kentucky
www.unrealinf.com
Fair enough, though I would bet you guys if you did install 2.65 and raid one of the standoff servers you would love it. I just gotta come here every now and then and remind the ppl that moved up that their original idea is still very populated. Matter of fact its the most populated thing goin for Unreal.. and does alot better than lots of the latest UT stuff.

It just goes to show ya if Its not broke don't fix it right :p

I am guessing INF standoff is doing so well because its a very close knit community and everyone knows everyone, just about anyone will help the new players get stuff set up and figured out. But its also very very competitive and everyone wants to get a trophy on stats or beat a topscore on a map.. or just to shut that braggard up next round. Or to win a clan scrimmage or clan match.

Cheers to all the INF players original, UT and HL2.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
I thought the last inf was gonna be made for hl2 is that right?

Not that I knew. There was some speculation wether or not HL2 engine would be fitting for the next Inf back when HL2 came out, but I don't think there were any serious activities in that direction.

I still guess the clostest thing we'll get to a new Inf (2.9) will be Ground Branch and Sky Gods, both being currently developed by Blackfootstudios (Beppo's on their team); what can be seen on their forums is very, very promising and I'm pretty excited what Sky Gods will look like when it's out - plus they're using UnrealEngine3 which should allow for good modability.

Carpetsmoker

Nexus-6
Jan 20, 2008
Netherlands
arp242.net
*IF* there is going to be a new Infiltration then it will most probably be using the Unreal 3 version.
My money however, is that 2.9 is the last Infiltration version ... As has already been mentioned Ground branch/Sky god will probably a (very) good game more or less similar to Infiltration, it's ``Infiltration 3'' for all intents and purposes.

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
There was a brief period when development on a new INF began on HL2. There were some models of vehicles and that was about it. It's on the main page :p

Then development was halted and then the project was cancelled with the impending release of newer and better engines and RL issues. Then the team, unceremoniously scattered to the wind and beppo joined Blackfoot.

Last edited:

verlatt

... or something like that.
Apr 1, 2006
Is the Half - Life 2 version uploaded somewhere, or it's classified? ;)