Dreaming of dieing?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
I was just wondering if anybody else ever dreams he (or she) dies? This has been bothering me for a while.
If so, how do you 'die'? I usually end up a broken man, not knowing what to do and then I die :hmm:

I always had alot of imagination, whatever I do I usually daydream a little bit while doing it. I'm having some death dreams in my daydreams as well but strangly I end up as a hero in those dreams...

I have some weird stuff and I need to know what can be seen as normal and what as issues. I'm guessing suddenly grabbing your knee because you just daydreamed somebody broke it is not normal.

I never really told anybody I daydream so much and so bad I actually act according to what happends in there. That should prove this is a serious question and I want some honest replies.

Oh by the way if you don't (day)dream about dieing but you do daydream alot tell me what you daydream about and when you dream the most.

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
i always die killed by nazi shot in the back

(they pussies)

i once died by a snake who was in the swimming pool. he bite me and i died some hours afters

but it doesnt matter for me its just dreams

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
I sometimes go through phases of having a lot of violent imagery in my daydreams. Mostly it revolves around some morally acceptable excuse arising for to inflict terrible violence on someone else. Sometimes I just want to break someone.

I daydream about fscking a girl at work when she's around.

I did daydream about immolating myself quite a lot the last time I felt like killing myself.

Is what you daydream related to anything you're consciously thinking or have been exposed to recently?

Philophobos

May 11, 2001
Visit site
Sometimes, for whatever reason, my imagination starts to take my mind to places it would rather not be.

I'll just be sitting there thinking/daydreaming about whatever, and then I'll start thinking of something horrible happening. It usually involves me making a mistake and other people paying dearly for it, like not paying attention while I'm driving and hitting a little kid.

When this happpens I usually physically react in some way, like cringing or putting my hands on my head (like you might do if you actually saw something horrible like that happening). I usually have to tell myself to stop thinking about these things and/or actually get up and go do something else for awhile or else it'll just keep getting worse.

As far as being worried about stuff like this, I don't know what to tell you. If you are seriously worried about it, I would talk to someone like a psychiatrist about it. It couldn't hurt and it might give you some peace of mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Do you actualy die in your dream and it goes on after that or do you wake up the moment you die (or right before)? My memory is so blurry that I'm not sure but I think the last time I died (which woke me up... or I woke up right before I died) in a dream was in my childhood. I don't daydream, or at least I wouldn't call it that.

I'm not sure if it's realy an issue that a dream can influence what you do (the dreamed broken knee). Humans slept on trees in one part of our history. During that time the ones who hadn't the ability to unlink their dreams from the controll of their body movement had the unpleasant experience to fall down the tree they slept on and broke bones or fell prey to a predator. That's why humans don't move much in sleeps today, it's part of our evolution. However, some peoples ability to 'unlink their brain' dosn't work the way it should. Sadly I can't remember/find the medical term for that. This could be an explaination, it dosn't have to be the right one. I would ask a doc about it if I'd be you. :hmm:

Last edited:

ecale3

Sniper - May be harmful to your health.
Jul 13, 2001
Maryland Bitch.
www.ecale25.netfirms.com
yes. Stabbed, shot, falling, hit by cars.

I've also had several dreams in which i have started and/or been involved in wars.

And finally i frequently dream that someone is trying to kill everyone i care about.

Rostam

May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
Is what you daydream related to anything you're consciously thinking or have been exposed to recently?
Not exactly recently, I've been having the same type of dreams for the last 17 years of my life. But some details in the dreams change. Like after I had soulcalibur I was using a sword to defend myself all of the suddan instead of the standard pistol.

When this happpens I usually physically react in some way, like cringing or putting my hands on my head (like you might do if you actually saw something horrible like that happening). I usually have to tell myself to stop thinking about these things and/or actually get up and go do something else for awhile or else it'll just keep getting worse.
Yeah I know that. It's why I don't ever want to drive a car or anything else that requires concentration while being in a relaxed position.

Do you actualy die in your dream and it goes on after that or do you wake up the moment you die (or right before)?
The dream continious sometimes. Sometimes I can see my funeral. Sometimes I just see my corpse till I wake up.

I'm not sure if it's realy an issue that a dream can influence what you do (the dreamed broken knee). Humans slept on trees in one part of our history. During that time the ones who hadn't the ability to unlink their dreams from the controll of their body movement had the unpleasant experience to fall down the tree they slept on and broke bones or fell prey to a predator. That's why humans don't move much in sleeps today, it's part of our evolution. However, some peoples ability to 'unlink their brain' dosn't work the way it should. Sadly I can't remember/find the medical term for that. This could be an explaination, it dosn't have to be the right one. I would ask a doc about it if I'd be you.
I only have it in daydreams. I'm walking, and my thoughts wonder off. I will physicly react to what I see and that will 'wake' me up.

My dad had it in his sleep though, he once hit the wall with full power in his sleep because he was dreaming about a fight :lol:

yes. Stabbed, shot, falling, hit by cars.

I've also had several dreams in which i have started and/or been involved in wars.

And finally i frequently dream that someone is trying to kill everyone i care about.
I've never died by falling, falling is one of my most feared deaths. Strange that I don't dream about falling, you would think I would. I used to dream about drowning alot. Once I explained the dream to my mum and she told me I almost drowned when I was 3 years old, the exact same scenario :hmm:

Now that I made it this far anyway, I'll continiou with my 'issues' I forgot a good 95% of my childhood (untill 10 - 12 years old). And most I know I remember from dreams.

ps: I did go to psychiatrist for 6 months. But that was for a depression, and he didn't exactly help me out. I had to do it myself... which I want to do now again. I didn't mention these things to him. It's hard for me to explain... I'd rather do it to you guys because I can think better when typing then when talking.

Last edited:

{Ghetto_Ghepetto}

I am #1 Asian big boob queen!
Jun 4, 2001
CA
Approx said:
Sometimes, for whatever reason, my imagination starts to take my mind to places it would rather not be.

I'll just be sitting there thinking/daydreaming about whatever, and then I'll start thinking of something horrible happening. It usually involves me making a mistake and other people paying dearly for it, like not paying attention while I'm driving and hitting a little kid.

As far as being worried about stuff like this, I don't know what to tell you. If you are seriously worried about it, I would talk to someone like a psychiatrist about it. It couldn't hurt and it might give you some peace of mind.

I do this too!

For instance, I will be driving around and I'll stop at a red light. Upon stopping, since I have the attention span of .001 seconds, I have a vision/daydream of me in my own eyes driving through the red light. It often is very violent and very fast. But for some reason everything is in slow motion. (kind of like it is in movies and sometimes in real life)

Also, in class I often will be daydreaming or dozing off and will wake up with a jolt of my arms and legs because I was having a dream where I was either falling and I just hit the ground, or where someone/something was rammed into me. :p It's funny when it happens because everyone looks at you funny :lol:

Rostam

May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
Another question. Does anybody ever make a mental note to do something, then do it in his sleep, and forget to actually do it in real life? This part is really pissing me off. I've forgot to do so many things for school because I made them in my sleep and woke up thinking I made it last night :(

anaemic

she touch your penis?
Jan 7, 2002
london, uk
haha rostam, all the fucking time. and the other way round, like i wake up with an aching urgency to alter some file i was working on and then get confused because it doesnt exist at all.

as for dieing im usually betrayed by a friend.
hmm i wonder what the deeper meanings of those dreams could be :p
also its usually knifey knifey, and whilst held/tied down and prolonged, i find guns arent really scary because its so instant i guess. at least in theory. But anyway nothing is worse than spending a whole night half dreaming restlessly about being tortured ;)

Last edited:

Philophobos

May 11, 2001
Visit site
Rostam said:
My dad had it in his sleep though, he once hit the wall with full power in his sleep because he was dreaming about a fight :lol:

In my gen. Psych. class we read of a man who strangled and killed his wife in his sleep. He was dreaming he was fighting a tiger I believe.

I think everyone has those moments while daydreaming or sleep-dreaming where they mistake reality for the dream or vice-versa. It seems to me that you just have an exceptional imagination.

Is there any particualr reason that your daydreaming and sleep-dreaming bother you so much? I mean, other than being a little disturbed and feeling like an ass when I physically react to a daydream, they don't bother me all that much. What is it about these instances that cause real concern for you, not allowing you to just shrug them off as an overactive imagination?

Grim_Reaper ~UFS~

You're all gay and stupid.
Aug 1, 2002
coolgamer1.50megs.com
ive had dreams where me and my dad were both shot when we were mugged by a motorcycle gang, i had a "cardiac arrest" after some timer went off and it was time to die, getting shot in the face with a silenced pistol by someone looking like a ninja (too much inf?). ive had many near death occurences (one was some crazy japanese soldier charging me) where ive had to quickly type exit, almost like a game (i wake up right after).

so ive had some crazy dreams

Shrap

Beaver
Oct 29, 2000
I used to dream a lot, usually some really horrific dreams about ghosts, or monsters. I'm usually trapped in a house, usually my house and supernatural events happens. Stuff moves by itself, people dissapear leaving me alone. Now that I think of it I look periodically over my shoulder. It really scares the **** out of me. Altough I don't remember that the ghost does physical stuff to me, it just moves stuff and "play" with me ( scares me ). Most of the time I became periodically blind and lose the ability to defend myself.

I was really afraid of ghosts when I was young. I think I still have false memories of seeing one or seing a Tv program about one. Yes it's really stupid but I remember scenes of a tv-program called ( yeah laugh all you want ) Babedibou. It was the story of a family that lived in a house build on a cemetary and there were ghosts that were taking control of electronics device. I really recall one scene where the children were attacked by a "possesed" vaccum cleaner. I'm really sure my parents wouldnt have let me watch it since it was so scary. And my sister doesn't remember any tv program like that either. Anyway I'm scared ****less, I always hated that kind of stuff, I fear it. Deeply.

RedMarlin[MERLIN]

Jun 4, 2001
Arizona
www.templeofdawneq.com
Omg Ghep I hate thoughs dreams, and its aways right when you are starting to get a good sleep. I'll be just like walking and trip and fall or something for no reason and it wakes me right up... and im like DAMMIT and i go eat something lol. I used to have dreams where I would fall down a hill and like off a cliff and there was an ocean... kinda like the landscape on that movie The Ring, was way before it came out though.

Also before 2.9 came out I used to always dream that it had came out, then in the morning id go on the inf site saying yeah 2.9 is out... but it wasn't and it was really weird because the dream was so realistic. Yeah I had about 5 of thoughs ha ha by the 3rd time I was like... damn it brain stop ****in with me already.

I don't really have that many death dreams anymore though, and if I'm in a dangerous situation in my dream I always come out of it. I'm usually kicking the crap out of someone or doing some chick in my dreams now haha. I dont really die in my dreams though even though im suppose to die, like a guy will shoot me like 10 times and then ill just go up to him and rip his head off, man my dreams are fun now.

Shrap

Beaver
Oct 29, 2000
anaemic said:
haha rostam, all the fucking time. and the other way round, like i wake up with an aching urgency to alter some file i was working on and then get confused because it doesnt exist at all.

I do that too but it's really annoying. I dream that I just woke up and got out of bed. Then I realize that I must do it AGAIN, but I'm still dreaming so it goes on and on and .... It really sucks !

Panzer101

Know your enemy...
Jul 16, 2002
UK
Visit site
Lol Cloud, i get those tripping dreams too, drifting off to sleep where you bump into something or rip up and your body moves to take action and you wake up with a jolt. I know someone who has night terrors : where she knows she is asleep and cant wake up. I dont really suffer from bad dreams just wierd ones...

Rostam

May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
Is there any particualr reason that your daydreaming and sleep-dreaming bother you so much? I mean, other than being a little disturbed and feeling like an ass when I physically react to a daydream, they don't bother me all that much. What is it about these instances that cause real concern for you, not allowing you to just shrug them off as an overactive imagination?
They bother me because every time I dream or daydream I can't be doing something real. Last night my imagination started telling me I should buy a bigger knife because someone is going to try and kill me tomorrow. I snapped out of it and started thinking about stuff that is really going on in my life. Stuff that should be fixed... but every time I think about what to do for an answer I wonder off to my world.

Last edited:

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
I once dreamed I had cancer or some other deadly illness, and I was still going to school while I only had a few months left to live ;) That was pretty fucked up. Otherwise I rarely die in my dreams. In fact I hardly remember my dreams :(

But when I do, I also have that "crap! I have to do this" thing. It's often about work/school like when I failed a really important exam or completely trashed my computer. When I wake up, I don't want to get out of my bed because I don't want to go to school after the said failure or start again all my work on the computer. Then I realize it was a dream and I'm kinda relieved ;)

Chillinzebra

Nov 14, 2002
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Hehe, I remember when I was little I used to have this really wierd dream (musta had it about seven times) everytime I had it, it was a bit different, hard to explain, but I remember that I went out to a house floating in the middle of a lake. There was some old guy there that gave me cookies, then turned into a Squid and tryed to eat me :D
It was really weird that dream, I had a different death pretty much every time.

Yeah, besides from that dream I've had all the death dreams, but they're usually me bleeding to death or something of the like.

I had a dream last night come to think of it, though it was more weird then scary... I dreamed that I went into a grocery store, and I kept on seeing people that knew my mother, and they gave me quests, then I left, and flew away in a helicopter, with a rabbit tied to the front.