someone please help me with starting a multiplay game...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ganja

Jan 28, 2001
hell
www.crazy18.com
Sorry to be soo lame people but i just installed UT 2 days ago and i am hooked. I played this one map that is called DM-city which is taken from the City Intro and i love it but the only server that ive found it on rarely plays it.

Here is my problem...
I want to start a server on that map but when i try to start a multiplay game it only allows me to use the maps that came with the game. I dont see Dm-city in my maps folder. Please someone help me!!!

Thanks in advance!
Ganjasaurus

Ve7

Rest In Peace
Dec 2, 2000
This is a shot in the dark but in your UnrealTournament\maps folder try making a copy of cityintro.unr and renaming the copy DM-Cityintro.unr. Or. you could download the file from Nalicity (do a search to find the URL) but since you have played it before it suggests you have the map already. Sorry if it doesn't work.

SuperTrap

JerkAss
Jan 5, 2001
San Diego
Visit site
Go to you cache folder in the UT directory and open the cache.ini file and you'll see a long strings of numbers followed by the real names of the files. Now find the file with that long string of numbers that matches to the ini and rename it to the name that the cache file said.

it might be something like this..

in the cache ini-54893124585633213DM-Map.unr
rename it to just the DM-Map.unr

Then move it to you maps folder... Keep in mind there might be some texture files that need the same treatment. Your better off getting the map through Nali or one of the others