Windows ME...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Arkive

May 10, 2000
members.home.com
Whenever I used to play UT on Win 2000 with my GeForce DDR, the game would constantly stutter until I made my way throughout the level and cached all of the textures into memory...it was *especially* annoying on larger levels like Hydro16. Not only that, I was constantly facing Virtual Memory errors that were causing UT to crash. Well, once I installed Win ME, my stutters and crashes went away, and I've got better performance then I ever did with Win 2000 *or* Win 98 SE. I just can't begin to say how pleased I am with how Windows ME has improved UT for me. I was almost considering giving up UT for Q3, but not anymore. Maybe I'm one of those rare cases where all the stars were in alignment when I installed Win ME, but I can assure you of this, if you're trying to play UT on Win 2000, you're spinning your wheels. I'm not saying it doesn't work, because it obviously does, but why limit yourself? Anyway...I'm including my specs if anyone's interested in what I'm running this with. Later...

Jeff

BH6 rev1.01 w/ QN BIOS
128MB SDRAM
Celeron II 566 @ 850 (1.70v)
Asus 6800 Pure GeForce DDR (using 5.22 Det2)
SB Live! Value (latest Creative drivers)
20GB WD & 6.4GB Quantum HDDs
384MB fixed swap file on secondary drive
UT - v4.20 - 1024x768 @ 32 bit (high tex. detail)

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
What about ME corrected your problem? I'm gonna look at it when it comes out. I've still got W95 running!

I don't have a real problem with W95, but I would like a more stable OS with better memory management.

bullet2.gif

Visit the PuF Home Page. hal{PuF}

hal{PuF}

willylips

Jun 25, 2000
Visit site
I just loaded ME on a machine to fool around with and it seems pretty cool so far. I've only scratched the surface but UT played well and the install was smooth as silk.

bullet2.gif

you can kill me under the name urine_sample

Blatant Bastich

Bite Me Fan Boy!
Feb 8, 2000
Culver City, CA
Visit site
__+++++__++++WARNING++++___

arkive and willylips are actually the same person the evil BILL GATES come to take over the PU forum!!

-
-
-
-
-
J/K ;) welcome to PuF guys you will be come part of the collective hive!

bullet2.gif

Blatanizer|PuF

Pentuim III Computer $1300
UnrealTournament $49
Bottle of Tequila $19
Falling into the lava while drunk...Priceless