Mass Effect 2 Love Fest

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Metacritic reveals a trend and that trend is universal love for both the Xbox 360 (96 average) and PC (94 average) versions of Mass Effect 2. The harshest reviews coming from LEVEL (a Czech Republic gaming mag) that scores it a 90 and declares:

If all games were the same as Mass Effect 2, humankind would face extinction. Everyone would keep playing the game forgetting about everything else.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
There is only one possible interpretation of this turn of events: Bioware wants me to fail out of grad school. :|

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
There is only one possible interpretation of this turn of events: Bioware wants me to fail out of grad school. :|

You and me both. Especially with the one two punch of DA:O and then ME2. My only real hope is that their glorious star wars mmo isn't coming out for at least a year.

~Jason

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
"You don't have a grenade launcher lady. Get lost." :D

Hopefully I can get the collector edition today! :) (But yeah, I played it this week-end, pardon me but Tuesday as a release date... :/)

Last edited:

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
BOO! The PC Game isn't available in stores until January 28! Late shipments. :/
Well, a few more days until I can get the "real" game, I'll keep playing the "fake" one for now. :/
But damn, it's awesome. I'm so happy to see that Paragon choices aren't as sissy anymore. In ME1 it was like Good/Evil, now it's more like Kickass/Kickass. :D

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Yeah. I'm really sorry Sjosz and the others. :( I would have got it today in Collector's Edition if I had the chance. They only had the Xbox 360 version, not the PC one, even the standard one for PC isn't there, and I think they only have the standard one for the Xbox 360 too. It's coming on the 28th, so I'll go back there and grab one then. Hopefully I can get there early enough so that I can get one, they said they were only getting 20 copies D: I tried two Future Shop stores and they both said the same thing...
But I can't say it enough, this game is simply awesome, congratulations. :) I will definitely buy it, or die trying xD

(Yeah I know there's Steam, but I want the boxes side by side :p)

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Yeah. I'm really sorry Sjosz and the others. :( ..*snip*.. I will definitely buy it, or die trying xD

Hey, I don't condone or like it that you downloaded the game instead of buying it so you could just play it right away, but the fact that you commit to buying it (new, I hope!) means that you like it enough to support more of it being made in the future. Of course, we will need photographic proof of purchase. ;)

I would have got it today in Collector's Edition if I had the chance. They only had the Xbox 360 version, not the PC one, even the standard one for PC isn't there, and I think they only have the standard one for the Xbox 360 too. It's coming on the 28th, so I'll go back there and grab one then. Hopefully I can get there early enough so that I can get one, they said they were only getting 20 copies D: I tried two Future Shop stores and they both said the same thing...

Good luck with the CE. In the US the CE version seems to have sold out well before the release date by way of pre-order, and at my local shops the CE seems to be pretty much gone as well, on day 1.

But I can't say it enough, this game is simply awesome, congratulations. :)

Thank you very much. :)
All I can hope for is that people who purchase the game feel like it is worth their money, and that they enjoy playing the game (several times over).

(Yeah I know there's Steam, but I want the boxes side by side :p)

Too right. Steam's a nice fallback, but I just need to have my plastic and tin boxes with the different cover art. Totally understand. :)

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Oh I will definitely buy it (new of course, they don't do used PC games), I was sold before it was even released. And yeah, photographic evidence :lol: you'll get that. :)
About the CE, Future Shop doesn't do pre-orders, it's first come first served. That's why I would really like to get there early enough. ;) With trying two different stores in different parts of the city, maybe I can get lucky enough. I just hope they're actually getting some Collectors, not only standards. :S

Last edited:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Bioware wants me to fail out of grad school. :|
seriously.

I still haven't gotten Dragon Age out of my system, and I've beaten the game twice now. next I need to set aside a month for Assassins Creed 2 (PC), and now you expect me to soak in everything Mass Effect 2 has to offer??

ffs.
BioWare has gotta' realize that we have a life outside of their awesome and momentously time-consuming adventures :p

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
So Sjosz, any chance of a free autographed copy for your biggest fan? :mwink:

MassEffect2.jpg

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
It's still 94avg on metacritic, harshest is now a 88. Got to give it that, like I said in the ME2 thread..

I can tell you guys.. the game is 500 times better than the first one. Period.
Who ever liked the first needs to grab this ASAP. And anyone who seen some positive in the first one should at least try it.