Is The Redeemer Cheap???

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

D66

Grey Pilgrim
Feb 2, 2000
Gondolin
Visit site
Aww you redemer snipers ruin all my fun /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif
The best thing about the reedemer is running it through all kinds of aerobatic manuvers, Circling their base, buzzing players, etc before settin it off. It gives them the fear that they never know when it will blow. Usualy it is right befor my teams attack arrives, or its right after they leave, or its right up the rear of one of their flag runners.
You want to avoid being killed by reedemers, dont bunch up. Stay far apart and attack from difrent sides.

bullet2.gif

---Prof. Of Comic-Therory/Comedic-History

Beware the army of Giant Mutan Ninja Midgets!!!

Palomides

Jan 17, 2000
members.home.com
I get my jollies sniping the Redeemers out of the sky. The best map for Redeemer-sniping?
Facing Worlds

Pal out

bullet2.gif

"I bet when the neanderthal kids would make a snowman, someone would always end up saying, "Don't forget the thick, heavy brows." Then they would all get embarrassed because they remembered they had the big hunky brows too, and they'd get mad and eat the snowman."

Palomides|PuF
http://web2.airmail.net/codyk/

Hellscrag

UnrealSP'er
Nov 10, 1999
Bristol, England
www.hellscrag.net
The Redeemer is great. I frequently avoid being killed by enemy redeemers, my point being that it's perfectly possible to avoid, and I also love piloting it around the place. I was pursuing a guy round and round the centre of Dm-Liandri in a duel game for like 15 to 20 seconds, it was v.funny. He eventually escaped up a side tunnel and I misjudged the slope and blew the missile up as he escaped round the corner. Shame, but great fun and he - like me - was perfectly capable of escaping. Generally, people who whine about it are those who can't use it without blowing themselves up.

bullet2.gif

Hellscrag, Unreal single player nut :) . In deathmatch look for me as [SkW]Deathwish of UK clan SkaarjWarriors. Email me hellscrag@lineone.net.
Check my website http://surf.to/scragsite for Unreal Walkthroughs and other cool stuff or my clan site http://surf.to/skaarjwarriors for my UT designing projects

AriTheDog

frog steering expert
May 6, 2001
USA
Visit site
anyone who gets fragged by a deemer in hall of giants should be ashamed.

one speed dodge gets you out of range.

the same goes for nearly any wide open lowgrav map.

Cablebait

May 23, 2001
canada
Visit site
it is a very cheap weapon.....these powerups and redeemers are gonna be hogged by the better players..leaving a totally boring lopsided game for the others.If on the other hand you are playing a serious skill match..then it most definately should be left out.Quite often you will kill peeps u have no intention on or even see..making for very cheap kills.Most peeps even the new ones know of the perfect spots to fire a redeemer from..making for very lil risk.

Peregrine

Death from above
Jan 16, 2001
Lake Erie Shoreline
www.gaihope.net
When someone starts wanking about the 'deemer I got 1 thing to say...

"Get a clue dude. If you don't like/can't deal with the 'Deemer than WHY ARE YOU ON THIS SERVER??? Go get the NOREDEMPTION MOD or find a server that doesn't use it. There are plenty of both types of servers out there".

Well, OK more than one thing. :) Usually shuts 'em up.

Sometimes I DO feel bad using it on other PuF'ers....until one of them ram it up my a$$. hehehehe

Kilham

Lost in RL
Oct 11, 2000
Scotland
clanrsu.com
You just can't have a serious discussion about Deemers without November coming into it can you? :stick:.

Is the redeemer cheap?
I don't know, I find them lying around the map and have never had to buy one.

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
Originally posted by D66
Follow the next guy who complains around the servers using the redeemer over and over again all night

Yeah! thats what I do when someone calls me a shock, flak or whateverh0, I hunt em down and keep killing em with the weapon they accused me of h0'ing :) If they cant handle it, too bad and they leave. If they can handle it I have great fun and even greater fights :)

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
Originally posted by Brute_Force
it is a very cheap weapon.....these powerups and redeemers are gonna be hogged by the better players..leaving a totally boring lopsided game for the others.

I disagree, in my opinion (and experience) the better players stay away from the deemer, they hardly ever use it, like myself (exept on DM-Party, I want lots of deemers there!!! :D ;)) they will go for the "real" weapons and hog the control points (I only play domination)

ElectricHead

Feb 19, 2000
Visit site
...sigh...

I remember the Q2 WoD days...I was many times the target of the "BFG Whiner" and the "Too many Trip-wires" whiner. I see that the more the games change, the more punk-ass bitch whiners stay the same.

So, for you whiners out there, here are some tips:

1) The Redeemer(and ALL weps/powerups) are FREE and they RESPAWN! AMAZING! That means YOU(yes, you in the Blue Base that can't hit a barn from the inside with a FlakCannon and uses the Xan model cheat because you can't get past "Peak") you too can have a Redeemer! Get it! Use it! Hell, you might even get a frag if you can avoid killing yourself with it.

2) The Redeemer warhead is more like a Neutron bomb than a "standard" nuke. That means if you can find even the narrowest pillar(just wide enough to hide your whole body behind) you will live thru a Redeemer blast.

3) The Redeemer warhead is very slow. It can be shot from the sky very easy. Use the MiniGun, SniperRifle, Enforcers, or Shock(combo is the best way really) and you will actually LIVE!

If you do the above things, you may actually GET A FRAG! Of course, you will have to shut up and stop whining to do so.

If these helpful tips dont work for you, I would suggest one other option: PLAY ANOTHER GAME. You might try "Hearts"...many advantages over a game like UT; its free with the Windows OS, you don't need a very powerful system to run it, you don't need anything but a dial-up connection to play(and not even that) and you can whine, weep, and scream at the computer players and you won't have to read anything like this...:D

EH

Last edited: