CTF-Photonic

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Enfyrneaux

Apr 4, 2002
Later this afternoon
Visit site
I have yet another map - inspired by hitting my head against the wall at 4AM.

Photonic is a small CTF map, comprised of glowing particles floating in a vast expanse. Gameplay is fast and frenetic; this map is NOT designed for a lot of players, so 3vs3 is the absolute highest I would take this map.

Download (1.26MB)
http://www.feelthecheap.com/maps/CTF-Photonic.zip

photonic.jpg

Reciprocity

Boots of Spanish Rubber
Apr 4, 2004
Well, after you get over the initial appeal of the emitters like friggin' all over the map, it's just another CTF map. The build is just a few walkways connected loosly. The emitter paths are at times hard to see or rather, just the first few times areund. It's pretty simple and very tiresome to play over and over again. I'd like to see a little more detail. Like, have the pathway wind high over a city or something. (shrugs) It was just not as good as I expected.

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
lolol funny at 5.16 am
its really not great to play serious tho :p

the walkways, besides hard to see, are a little thin, wider wouldnt be bad..
and you could have some bigger deco particles in the level, outside the walkways, and make walls of particles or something, more special stuff

its funny, its kinda the same idea like a testmap im making at work

kais

Aug 9, 2005
Netherlands
This map looks great and is very original imo, I do agree with the criticism given above, hope too see the final version soon:)

Couchman

Feb 1, 2005
i played it, and liked it very much, it was original, never played any map like it, everything seemed to be fine, only fell off once because i was dodging bullets left and right, everything seems to be top notch, good job