DM-Fith v1.1

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SCRIPT10000

Feb 28, 2006
I have already finish 1.1 version:

1.1 News:

-New Textures added
-Items Updated
-Weapons Updated
-Map a little modified
-Invisible teleport at canalization

Give your comments now please. Thanks.

Screenshot:

dm-fith.JPG

Download

Last edited:

milb

****** from Teen Arts
Feb 12, 2004
Germany
www.milb-maps.net
Ok, I've tested it. Hm, rating would be a 3...
Some things I've noticed and that may should change:
-canalisation is a deadend. No way out except this one elevator (btw: it's too slow)
-all powerups are placed in the canalisation
-boxes and one of the walls are unlit...
-lighting is a bit too colorfull (i think)
-archi is too simple
-lightextures don't fit to the supports, better build some specail lightconstructions.
-map was a bit too dark (especially in the canals)
Overall this map isn't good, but it's not that bad. Think you should take some more time for your next map.
P.S. This explosiv speacila event is a bit anoying while playing. I'd rather delete it...I don't think this fits to pure dm.

SCRIPT10000

Feb 28, 2006
First of all thanks for answer. :)

milb said:
-canalisation is a deadend. No way out except this one elevator (btw: it's too slow)
Exists other away. :) A invisible teleporter, it is in canalisation, just try find it..

milb said:
-all powerups are placed in the canalisation
Not all, but a big part yes.. Do you think that I should remove somes?

milb said:
-boxes and one of the walls are unlit...
Unlit?

milb said:
-lighting is a bit too colorfull (i think)
Lets see what others think too..

milb said:
-lightextures don't fit to the supports, better build some specail lightconstructions.
I will try create a better light in next version. ;)

milb said:
Overall this map isn't good, but it's not that bad. Think you should take some more time for your next map.
Ok thanks for the advice. ;)

milb said:
P.S. This explosiv speacila event is a bit anoying while playing. I'd rather delete it...I don't think this fits to pure dm.
Yeh, maybe.. Lets see what other persons say.

Ironblayde

Director of Misanthropy
Feb 24, 2004
I agree with all of milb's comments on this map. Also, an invisible teleporter is a very bad idea. Relying on the player knowing some secret to be able to even navigate the map properly is poor design.

milb

****** from Teen Arts
Feb 12, 2004
Germany
www.milb-maps.net
Jeah, traps and stuff like that are cool, but it's not what DM-players like...You can build as much traps as you want in a AS-Map but DM?
BTW: I would suggest to use a less colorful theme for the map. ATM it looks a bit like you trow just some tex together. May you could use Tex which have all the same basecolor. For sure you have to add some color. For example have a look at Zeto (retail Map). I know it's ugly but the map has a clear theme.