Ping suggestions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Phierce

Feb 11, 2001
WA, USA
I have a 768/128 DSL line, and my average ping is 150-200. Sometimes it spikes to around 500, but that is Verizon's (the worst broadband ISP ever, in my opinion) fault. But I was wondering if there is any tweaking I can do to Unreal settings to optimize speed? Or is this the fastest I am going to get?

Thanks ;)

spyder913

Bringer of FREE BEER
Feb 17, 2000
Seattle, WA, USA
that cable modem guide probably isn't going to help him too much.

phierce, check your pings in dos (use ping xx.xx.xx.xx) and see what it says.. if it is about the same as what you get in UT then you're probably not going to be able to improve on it much.

Viking1

Highly Unstable
Aug 12, 2000
Winnipeg
www.cainsunited.net
Make sure you set your NetServerMaxTick Rate to 1 in the networking-tcp/ip section of your advanced options.

Also try a couple of different netspeed settings. Bind a key to "stat net" and then set a couple of other keys to different netspeed values.(netspeed=xxxx) Start with 10000 as the highest and go down in increments of 1000.

Bring up your net info by hiting the stat net key and then see what happens with the different netspeed settings. You may find that you need to use different settings at different times.

Phierce

Feb 11, 2001
WA, USA
Well, I did the ping from MSDOS. It ranged anywhere from 100-600. I guess it's Verizon's fault and I'll just have to live with it.

I'll try your suggestions though, Viking.

Thanks