Using this Forum

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MrBond

ZHP Founder
Sep 23, 2003
USA
zerohour-productions.net
Greetings, all! This forum section (Modelling / Skinning) is meant to take any questions, info, tutorials, etc. related to modelling or skinning.

Guidelines are pretty open here, just remember to stay on topic. If you want to spam, check out BeyondUnreal's own Off Topic section.

But why would you post here instead of the normal Modelling & Skinning section? While I can guarantee that the normal section has a lot more visitors, this section deals with the projects and problems under Bond Designs.

It's quite possible that you might have an idea how to fix a problem encountered in one of the projects. Normally, a post made to that effect in the regular forum is met with indifference or even criticism. Not here, though -- as an open network of developers, all ideas will be taken into consideration.

So what exactly is the use of this forum? Anything relating to both Modelling / Skinning AND Bond Designs is covered here, which could include some of your own ideas. Anything else will be moved to the proper section, or if no proper section applies, deleted. You have been warned.

Ticklemonster

Sep 3, 2002
qsl.net
I don't think this is a place to ask for skins, it's a place to talk about the technology behind making them, specifically skins and models for one of the projects that bond designs is working on.

Do you know if there are already sims2 skins in existance? if so, perhaps google.com will be of help.

I personally wonder if there's a "maya for retards: the dumed down version of maya for dummies" tutorial out there. Even the most basic tutorials written for maya that I have seen are technically beyond where I am in my understanding of the user interface. Same goes for blender and 3dwings.

blackrose

Jan 4, 2006
United States, Illionios
:D I'm new here but I am hopping someone can help me, I am wanting to learn how to make skins and models, haven't had much luck in finding anything that could help me, I would app the help on this subject, I want to try my hand at making skins and models Thank You blackrose;)

McTerry

Nov 4, 2005
*.se
Well. Dipends on what game you want to work with.
This forum or at least Bond Designs only work with the old Unreal Tournament. (UT99)
So for UT99 it would be a good start with Milkshape 3D.
But for UT2003 & UT2004 it's recomended that you use Maya or 3D Studio Max.

hehe

And for skinning. Best way is if you use Photoshop or some other simular programs.

But I don't know how to make skins except that you have to draw and paint. :p