UE1 - UT Someone should make a weapon mod under U227 platform

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BashBox

Just a casualty of unreal
Feb 26, 2011
As A Active U227/U225 host/player ,I second this.

Whatever anyone does, Remember there's more u226 players then U227 ones and if you make it u227 , many people may not be able to play it!
go for it anyway , any new stuff is great.

As a second thought ,
we do have at least one other 'super mod' for u227 ,
A 1000 weapon / 200 monster 300mb mod but it still in development ,
A beta has been out for a year maybe this year it will have its final?

Last edited:

Dozey

The Cleaner of Sunspire, Mapper
As A Active U227/U225 host/player ,I second this.

Whatever anyone does, Remember there's more u226 players then U227 ones and if you make it u227 , many people may not be able to play it!
go for it anyway , any new stuff is great.

As a second thought ,
we do have at least one other 'super mod' for u227 ,
A 1000 weapon / 200 monster 300mb mod but it still in development ,
A beta has been out for a year maybe this year it will have its final?

-bobisunreal

It is not forbidden to use 227, for normal people. If someone don't have 227, and he/she would like po play 227 mod, then this person only need to download 227 from OldUnreal. I don't understand. Why using patch which is outdated. 227 team supports, quick solutions of problems with editor, networking, single player etc. Also 226 is crappy bugged.

BashBox

Just a casualty of unreal
Feb 26, 2011
It is not forbidden to use 227, for normal people. If someone don't have 227, and he/she would like po play 227 mod, then this person only need to download 227 from OldUnreal. I don't understand. Why using patch which is outdated. 227 team supports, quick solutions of problems with editor, networking, single player etc. Also 226 is crappy bugged.

Most people dont understand, that's exactly the problem.

Here's a interesting common first-time player perspective:

when i was a unreal newbie , i only ever used 227 since it fixed some GPF's otherwise i would have never even looked or cared myself also the only way i learned about 227 was thou players in the game when i started i would have no reason to even look for any patches on a game that epic doesn't even have a website for anymore.
Also most of the hundreds of players i played with including many server admins said dont use the patch unless you have to or unless it improves your performance more then the offical versions they would directly recommend you only use 266 retail for best performance.

as a 227 user myself :
when players crash on my servers and get GPF's I always suggest they get 227.; They refuse to update or dont understand how too or even what it is , or they dont speak english Or mabye others have told them the patches are not a good or they had bad experiences, So they keep crashing , over and over and dont care or more commonly they find another server / map they dont crash on..Those people wont ever see the new stuff and just see it as a incompatibility , a place where they are just simply unable to ever play.

The server aspect:
Some (most) major server owners use 225 and have no reason to use 227 ( every thing works fine for them for what they do).Those major servers with hundreds of followers cant run 227 content to share with there group of (Possiblly mixed version) clients. By major servers , I am refering to herd , jackals , zombies , and zora's.

The developer standpoint:
If unreal is your platform it cuts the number of players to 400 unless whatever you make can mabye run in unreal tourny as well.If you make it 227 only that number drops further to 100 or so with no chance of ever running in ut. (That why nobodies make 227 super mods , there is almost no return)