Folder problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

2_SeeK_U

uni.... meh...
Ok, my problem is a simple problem, when l double click a folder it opens the search utility. So l thought l would delete the Search option when you right click it as it was the one set to deafult, NOPE, l can't find it. When l set open to deafult it does nothing. Help cos l'm frustrated. Oh and l'm using XP...

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
I have the same. Only for the C folder though, no clue what to do about it. WIll buy a new harddisk when I feel like it (soon), I will make a backup of my current one then followed by a format which should fix everything.

2_SeeK_U

uni.... meh...
Didn't work for me.
I actually searched the reg for it and found nothing....

This problem is beging to worry me!!!
Heres a pic of what comes up when l right click and a pic of its settings

Attachments

• popup1.JPG
    popup1.JPG
    4.4 KB · Views: 17
  • popup2.JPG
    popup2.JPG
    16.1 KB · Views: 25

RogueLeader

Tama-chan says, "aurf aurf aurf!"
Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
This problem happens if you modify the settings for Folder in the options, because Find is the only normal shell command for it.
Add your own Open command to Folder and make it the default and everything will be normal again.