Wehhhww HUGE computer/power scare

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ryan

banned
May 27, 2001
Puyallup WA
Visit site
Well i just got done posting in another thread and was gunna get back to doing some more concepts so i poped in a movie pressed play ...and than right when i hit the button to turn on the tv *pop* and than the tv doesnt turn on my cpu and speakers turn off.....i was just thinking ..shiiit......all these etems are hooked up to the same serj protecter , and the only things that went out were the things on the sp no the actule outlet..., the outlet it self worked...so after about a minute the tv pops on ...so i think wow ..that was a scare and unplug the tv from the serj protecter anf go to turn on the cpu....no power and a scratching electrical sounding noise i thought was comeing from the power supply...opening the case i find the sound was comeing from the pc speaker itself ....i found that odd..but i turned off all power and unplugged the cpu , than i unplugged the power suppl y....everything started up normally when i plugged it back in....so i dunno...that serj protecter sure as hell didnt do its job...and im definatly getting another one so i wont have my tv and cpu shareing one....and also , do u think my cpu is in any danger?...the power supply obviously had something wrong with it , unplaugging it fixed (or seemed to fix) what was wrong but is there anything i can do to know for sure , or is this a normal thing a power supply may do after a overload? well thanx :eek:

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
hehe i've had lots of power supply problems lately. the light in my room is getting crazy, the switch makes noise and the light flickers :con:
and a few weeks ago a burning smell was coming out of my computer. i open it and found out that my DVD drive litteraly burnt :p
and a few days ago my computer just shut down and could'nt start again. i had to replace the PSU

i'm really expecting my whole computer to start burning any time now... i'm scared... :D

Feb 26, 2001
England
You call that a power problem? Try working at my office having to deliver regular builds of the game we are working on to your publisher with 3 major power cuts (lasting entire days) in the last 3 weeks, all on the day before we have to deliver!