BioWare Announces Mass Effect 2 Cast

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
BioWare has issued a press release detailing the voice casting for Mass Effect 2, coming to all major platforms on January 26, 2010.

Esteemed actor Martin Sheen stars as the mysterious Illusive Man who commands Cerberus, a secretive paramilitary organization dedicated to protecting human interests in the galaxy. Yvonne Strahovski plays deadly Cerberus operative Miranda Lawson, who has been genetically engineered for superior mental and physical traits. Returning to the cast from the original Mass Effect is Seth Green as Joker and Keith David as Admiral David Anderson. And rounding out the vocal roster are Tricia Helfer as EDI, the voice of the new Normandy; Carrie-Anne Moss as Aria T'Loak, the crime lord who rules the planet Omega; Shohreh Aghdashloo as Admiral Shala'Raan vas Tonbay; Michael Hogan as Captain Bailey; Adam Baldwin as Kal 'Reegar; and Michael Dorn as Gatatog Uvenk.

Full press release in the comments.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
BioWare Announces Celebrity Cast for Mass Effect 2 – The First Blockbuster of 2010

Star-Studded Cast Includes Martin Sheen, Seth Green, Yvonne Strahovski, and More

EDMONTON, Alberta--(BUSINESS WIRE)--BioWare™, a division of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS), today revealed the voice actors performing in Mass Effect 2, the second act of the award-winning science fiction trilogy. The game features Emmy and Golden Globe Award-winning actor Martin Sheen (“The West Wing”, “Apocalypse Now”), 2009 Emmy Award-winner Shohreh Aghdashloo (“House of Saddam”), comedic actor Seth Green (“Austin Powers”), “Chuck” stars Yvonne Strahovski and Adam Baldwin, Keith David (“Crash”) and sci-fi favorites Michael Dorn (“Star Trek: Deep Space Nine”), Tricia Helfer (“Battlestar Galactica”), Michael Hogan (“Battlestar Galactica”) and Carrie-Anne Moss (“The Matrix”).

“Emotionally engaging narrative is a key design pillar for BioWare, and the top-notch voice talent in Mass Effect 2 helps drive this goal,” said Dr. Ray Muzyka, co-founder, BioWare and Group General Manager of the RPG/MMO Group of EA. “Credible, powerful personalities are vital to delivering a compelling story experience in BioWare’s games, and we have assembled an amazing ensemble cast that surpasses the very high bar set in the original Mass Effect!”

Esteemed actor Martin Sheen stars as the mysterious Illusive Man who commands Cerberus, a secretive paramilitary organization dedicated to protecting human interests in the galaxy. Yvonne Strahovski plays deadly Cerberus operative Miranda Lawson, who has been genetically engineered for superior mental and physical traits. Returning to the cast from the original Mass Effect is Seth Green as Joker and Keith David as Admiral David Anderson. And rounding out the vocal roster are Tricia Helfer as EDI, the voice of the new Normandy; Carrie-Anne Moss as Aria T’Loak, the crime lord who rules the planet Omega; Shohreh Aghdashloo as Admiral Shala'Raan vas Tonbay; Michael Hogan as Captain Bailey; Adam Baldwin as Kal ‘Reegar; and Michael Dorn as Gatatog Uvenk.

The Mass Effect trilogy is an emotionally charged science fiction adventure set in a vast universe filled with dangerous alien life and mysterious, uncharted planets. In Mass Effect 2, players will once again step into the role of the heroic Commander Shepard, commanding their crew of some of the most dangerous operatives from across the galaxy on a mission so challenging that it’s potentially suicidal. Featuring intense shooter action, a rich futuristic storyline, space exploration and emotionally engaging character interaction, the game delivers an unparalleled cinematic experience.

Mass Effect 2 will be available on the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system and PC on January 26, 2010 in North America and January 29, 2010 in Europe. Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/masseffect2. For more information on Mass Effect 2, go to http://masseffect.bioware.com/.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
"Emotionally" was used 3 times in 4 paragraphs. It seems like it shall be an emotional game. I have my tissues ready at hand.

~Jason

Bersy

Apr 7, 2008
Sweden
People need to seriously start trying a little harder to think of original sounding names. They sound like they're all ripped off Star Trek, Star Wars & Stargate.

Also, it's "elusive" not "illusive", unless they mean Cerberus is being commanded by an illusion, which wouldn't make much sense. But I guess "mysterious Elusive Man" doesn't sounds as cool, in fact it sounds quite retarded as it's more or less redundant.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
This is what happens when you have to write Press Releases all day. Are you suggesting you've never misspelled a word in an email you've sent without noticing it?

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
People need to seriously start trying a little harder to think of original sounding names. They sound like they're all ripped off Star Trek, Star Wars & Stargate.

Also, it's "elusive" not "illusive", unless they mean Cerberus is being commanded by an illusion, which wouldn't make much sense. But I guess "mysterious Elusive Man" doesn't sounds as cool, in fact it sounds quite retarded as it's more or less redundant.

Well, it isn't a typo, it's illusive, meaning either he himself is an illusion rather than a real person, a projection to give a single face to what is actually a collective, or that he deals in creating illusions.

Also, I would say it's more of a reference to the smoking man of x-files, myself.

~Jason

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
<-- looks like an idiot now since he didn't reference the actual document before posting :p

Bersy

Apr 7, 2008
Sweden
Wow, Worf gets a new part in a sci-fi feature. How typecast.
And Trinity from the Matrix. They're obviously trying to make the game a success based on (cough) star power, which probably means the game itself is less than (hack cough) stellar.

Bersy

Apr 7, 2008
Sweden
Have you played the first one?

Yes. Does that automatically mean the second one is going to be great? Not necessarily.

I thought you were someone who usually makes intelligent posts, Bersy, what happened?
Well that's nice of you to say but I'm confused. It's unintelligent to think that using well known names in sci-fi might be veiling a sequel that doesn't really bring much else to the table? Do explain. It's called speculation. It could be a great game for all I know. I've just never been that big a fan of using big name stars as voice talent, with a few exceptions.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Well that's nice of you to say but I'm confused. It's unintelligent to think that using well known names in sci-fi might be veiling a sequel that doesn't really bring much else to the table? Do explain. It's called speculation. It could be a great game for all I know. I've just never been that big a fan of using big name stars as voice talent, with a few exceptions.

Speculation is actually worded in such a way that it's clear you speculate."They're obviously trying to make the game a success based on (cough) star power" is not speculation, that's making a statement. A false one at that.