World of Warcrafters?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Morety said:
Damn you phat!

You can't beat a man who is stuck at work and has nothing better to do!!
Evil_Laugh_emoticon.hprince329.gif

TomWithTheWeather

Die Paper Robots!
May 8, 2001
Dallas TX
tomwiththeweather.blogspot.com
Anybody play Alliance on the Tichondrius server? If so, my Guild is looking for more members. Currently we are about 10-12 people ranging from lvl 16 to ~45. We play a wide range of classes with a wide range of talents and skills. We help each other out with items, skills, and sometimes money. The Guild consists of several coworkers of mine, a couple of guys at another game company, and a few random people we've met in-game. We'd even take people who have just started playing. Message me ingame. I'm Twtw. :)

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
\o/ I got my CD key in the email today from Blizzard!!! I played tonight for about an hour and a half. I'm playing a Night Elf Hunter named Zaryk on the Hyjal server. :tup: I'm level 6 now and made it to Dolanaar. Man I love this game.

novak

Oct 22, 2003
Visit site
Three days 'till the European release! I'm feeling the withdrawals already, not being able to play the beta anymore. :(

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
I am so stoked right now. Last night I got to level 70 in Enchanting. 20 more skill points and I can start enchanting weapons with the cool glow stuff.:cool:

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
Ok, last night in the WoW Euro beta was awesome!

Basically Blizzard sent Infernals, Dreadlords and whatever else they could find to all the major cities, for what they called "The Day of Judgement".

Anyway, screenshots... :D

...the 3rd shot carries a "Possibly Offensive" warning... ;)

Attachments

• mass.jpg
    mass.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 67
  • infernal.jpg
    infernal.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 64
  • miep.jpg
    miep.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 75

Syri

Who are you calling short?
Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
novak said:
Three days 'till the European release! I'm feeling the withdrawals already, not being able to play the beta anymore. :(
i know the feeling...
still, guess it gives me time to finish of my guild website

CaSCaDe

gaem freak in 3 dimensions
Apr 7, 2000
somewhere you are not!
www.bart.ahk.nl
The EU beta was a blast, on the final day we even begged to the Dark lady to forgive us, and give us some more time, to slay the living..

Somehow she ignored us :mad:

Ah well, view more days and we can get our revenge

Screen022.jpg

Syri

Who are you calling short?
Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
there are some roleplay servers, where it's all in character, and there's some servers where you can talk as yourself, instead of as your character.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Predcaliber said:
I was wondering, must you roleplay your character in WOW?
or is it all Out Of Character what you are saying? (like diablo)

You don't have to role play in WoW. I think there are a few unoffical role playing servers. But it is after all a role playing game so it doesn't make much sense to talk about the latest graphic cards and hard drives. You should really make an attempt to stay in character as much as possible.

Grundy

Cocoa Krispies
Feb 9, 2005
I have a 49 Shaman on PvP Stormreaver with the LoL guild. Our guild is pretty laid back and we are more inclined to chat about boobs and farts than the game itself. The only role playing I see is homo-erotic banter.

I am pretty much blown away with the content in WoW even after having been with DAoC for a few years. It seems endless.

Although we are still curious as to what the PvP aspect will be as an end game post lvl 60 in the long run. Right now if you choose a PvP server your are faced with alot of griefing starting at level 20 and continuing up thru lvl 60. The grief is annoying at its least and it can be harassment at its worst.

WoW seems to allow you to solo your way thru the game if you wanted. You can levelup quicker it seems by performing quests which helps avoid the boring treadmill affect inherent in these games of grinding out hundreds of kills just to gain experience.

Although I prefer to be in a duo. Much of the good stuff are found in "Instance" dungeons (content limted to just the party members) which for the most part require you to be in a balanced 5 person group. This means have a couple players that can stand there that melee toe-to-toe and also having some other players stand back and heal or do ranged attacks as well as group enhancement buffs.

Blizzard does seem to focus alot on the 'magic items' as a differentiator across the classes. This probably means if you want to keep up with the big boys you will eventually need to acquire specific items that really enhance your class attributes. I doubt I will have the patience to spend the time for these items but alot of folks do and will spend hours and hours, day after day attending really large raids to aquire these items. I guess the alternative to to acquire huge wealth and then simply buy the items (although some items cannot be given away).

These games are a huge timesink though. I recall having at least 120 days played on one toon in DAoC. Thats 120 * 24 hour days. WoW appears to require less time though although the addiction seems to be stronger.

Last edited:

Necroth

Former WeeDHead
Mar 7, 2000
Visit site
CaSCaDe said:
karp
- server unknown as of yet - prolly a common one
- undead mage most likely or a rogue

Hope we get soon server details CaS, seems that Pro will be beating us all, so hope we hear of him the names soon.

We thought in LoD that we would go PvP, but after reading and hearing about the grieving and ganking that happens alot after lvl20 there, we like CaS said, go on a normal server and wait for Battlegrounds.

In the OB on our PvE server there was alot of PvP battles going on, and hardly noticed a real difference between PvE servers and PvP servers.

Cant wait, feel as excited now with WoW like i was back with the Old UT, just cannot stop playing WoW :D
Even the guild i'm in has again that old feel of those days, and i LOVE it :D

Da RicK

Stubid newpie
Apr 26, 2001
Next to Santa
CaSCaDe said:
karp
- server unknown as of yet - prolly a common one
- undead mage most likely or a rogue

ah, ok

gonna play PVP?
just post the server as soon as you know,