Making GameBot API

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

l)arknigh+

Sep 14, 2003
I have been looking trying to see if there is any Gamebot API for UT2003. I have found this http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~galk/GameBots/WEB/index.html
Which is for Unreal Tournament but I was wondering if anyone know if this API would work for UT2003. Or if anyone knows if there is an existing GameBot API for UT2003. If there isn't how would one go about makeing one. Thanks in advance for your help

I'm not sure how to build API stuff, but you can just use a Info->InternetLink->TCPLink to make a connection to the outside world, and send data/resieve data trough that.

EDIT: After reading the orriginal post a little beter :p

No there isn't a UT2003 GameBot API, but it could be interesting to make one.

Last edited:

l)arknigh+

Sep 14, 2003
Thank you so much. You wouldn't by any chance have any good links to any tutorials on learning UT2003 script (with main focus on networking and Gamebots)would you?

Last edited:

jag1949

Sep 28, 2003
Visit site
Hello,

Joe Manojlovich has been working (it may be on the back burner right now) on converting the Gamebots code to 2003. His homepage is here (look under the Research link). http://usl.sis.pitt.edu/trurl/ He also has some tips for setting up the game and API.

On a side note, I have been looking a this for a while but am still having some problems with it. I have not been able to get a bot to update to the right pitch value (I posted this earlier today but don't know how to link, sorry).

If you are really interested in working with the API, I would appreciate talking with you more.

Good Luck.

shadowchin

Research Student
May 21, 2004
Singapore
Tried the gamebot

I've tried the gamebot in UT2003 and works. But I would like to create my own gamebot using Javabot. Does anyone knows how to do it?

Thanks