CoD 4 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Oh then yes, I never used a Grenade Luncher attachment. I'm extremely annoyed with RPG VS infantry and the above thing.

Someone started to yell on the chat lobby about how he owned me with his random RPG shot, he actually totally missed me, that huge splash damage is what that killed me. What a idiot. The people who use them are mainly the ones with a 5K/25D ratio. Go learn how to play the game or stick to Single Player. :hmm:

[xF]PR3D470R

My Vengeance Is Everlasting
Jan 20, 2004
KC
Someone started to yell on the chat lobby about how he owned me with his random RPG shot, he actually totally missed me, that huge splash damage is what that killed me. What a idiot. The people who use them are mainly the ones with a 5K/25D ratio. Go learn how to play the game or stick to Single Player. :hmm:

Think of splash as the n00b ego booster (it makes the pain dull a little). I agree though, splash can be pretty cheap sometimes and then to gloat about killing someone with it :lol: I'm not sure about splash in CoD4 since I haven't played it yet (I need to I reckon). Anybody got a copy they don't want anymore? :D

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
You know you can create and use multiple unique profiles, right? If it's for all the unlocks, then tell him that he should have fun unlocking them. Plus, the AK-47 and M16 sure are some of the best weapons in the game.

Yes, I do. But with his skill, I can't see him using the M16. The M16 is good if you know what you are doing, but he needs to start of easy before it gets difficult. And he has already played through the campaign.

SlayerDragon said:
I call it my "pissing everyone on a server off" kit. It's kinda fun

Try going sniping only with the DE and use the sight of hand perk. In combination with C4, you'll get a lot of people angry :)

Last edited:

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Try going sniping only with the DE and use the sight of hand perk. In combination with C4, you'll get a lot of people angry :)

I do this regularly. Especially in hardcore mode. All my other kits have deagles. :) It irritates the **** out of people. "OMG WTF WITH A PISTOL!?"

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I know I get killed often by any guns in HC, may that be pistol, snipers or LMG's.
For some reasons I hate to use the M14 in HC, I think it has too much recoil, my P90 is the way to go.

Yes, I do. But with his skill, I can't see him using the M16. The M16 is good if you know what you are doing, but he needs to start of easy before it gets difficult.

?

What weapon he use then? The M16 is really easy to use with a red dot sight if the stock Iron is too hard to aim with. and it's really short to unlock. He'd just need to use the SP perk with that.

Last edited:

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
M4 with grenade launcher + Stopping Power and Martyrdom.

That is the ultimate newbie class. :p

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
I've started using map specific weapons like the MP5 for Vacant and sniper for bigger maps. My standard M4 + red dot is used for all other maps. I'm level 42 right now, so close to deagle >:[

edit: Actually I dunno if the deagle would be so good because it's easier to aim the M1911 or whatever. Blarg decisions >:[

Last edited:

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
whump...... BOOM!
<insert cries of noob here>
:D

so true

I'd rather have Stopping Power* or Bandolier personally but i did enjoy getting the noobtube challenges & you do only get two, it's not as bad as those asshats with 3 grenades every spawn & 'the magic one that falls out of their ass' when they die, bastids.

*edit - not a tier 1 perk

Last edited:

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Well the thing I love is that people whine about it in hardcore mode. I can get a LOAD more kills with my regular weapons but I just LOVE watching people complain when I tube.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
noobtube = mounted grenade launcher iirc

Nah, that's a mortar/cannon. A noobtube is a grenade launcher attached to the underpart of a carbine/rifle. In BF2 noobtube is actually the SMAW/RPG, where as nooblauncher is the grenade launcher.

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
He meant that Rambowjo.

edit: I finally played a few large shipment games because my friend just wanted to wait them out because the server was good and he didn't want to loose our spots. 1 FFA game and 2 TDM games on it with roughly 20 people. The FFA was harrible and it ended up with me spawn camping where I could get 2 spawn points without being easily shot at. Didn't find the area fast enough because I was about 10 kills behind the winner. The TDM matches weren't as bad, I got a 20 kill streak in one of them :) Just a matter of finding a good area.

Last edited: