Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Thor ?/10

Not quite sure what number rating it should get. It was much better than I had expected, however that isn't saying much. As my girlfriend said at the end, "It was much better than I thought it would be. I mean, I was curious how they could make a hammer look cool". lol I agree, but I think they pulled it off. The movie felt rushed and I think it should have been longer and maybe not made Thor some happy clown guy that is always smiling and acting dumb. I've never read the comics so maybe that's how it rolls. But I always thought of Thor as being some bad-ass skull crushing dude from the Viking era ( I know they had to make it modern time so as he will fit with the upcoming Avengers movie next year, :/ )

Anyways, it was a fun movie and OK for kids I think. I wouldn't mind watching it again which says a lot considering all the movies I've seen this year.

Oh, your gf may go "aohohaowwww" when they see him without a shirt on... Mine did :(

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Thor ?/10

Oh, your gf may go "aohohaowwww" when they see him without a shirt on... Mine did :(

I wouldn't mind seeing Natalie Portman without a shirt on..... "aohohaowwww". ;)

The Taking of Pelham 123-6/10

A pretty average thriller although the interaction between the two main characters was pretty good. I haven't seen then original version of this film in so long I can't remember if this new version is similar or not.

Last edited:

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
I shall give this another try then. The girlfriend and I started to watch it on Netflix, however she doesn't care for blood to much and has been pretty sick lately, so when the skull cracking started, she asked to watch something else and I never gave the movie a second chance in my mind. Mostly because it didn't seem very action-y at first, and the description made it sound like some fantastical journey through time and space or something.

Just be warned, there is virtually no dialogue and I wouldn't count too much on any mysticism. It stays fairly grounded in reality. The description on Netflix and my description avoid spoilers if that's any help.

toniglandyl

internal data fragmentation : 62203480%
Jan 20, 2006
diceedge.blogspot.com
This must be the place
a good movie, IMO. the pace is slow, but fits wonderfully.
I'd recommend this movie, but only if you're in the mood for a good strange, funny and slow movie. :)

Melancholia
very oppressing movie, it's really really strange, but everything goes nicely to the climax which is really really powerful.
I'm a little disappointed because the images are not as beautiful as the movie would suggest. oh and shaky cam, gives it an amateur feel that I disliked quite a bit.

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
I like how there is so much in this movie that does nothing to advance the story at all.
Why is this jerk explaining "turbulences" to the flight attendant? Why are they watching the jet crash on the carrier? Why does the guy with the lighting rod thing get knocked into the water and why doesn't Ryan address this at all when he comes aboard (what an ass)? Why does Sam Neill get killed? And the funniest one:
What's the point of the sequence of Ryan going after the saboteur in the room with the nukes?
I love how right after he shot the guy he's back to the bridge as if the movie was saying "ok, saboteur dead. Where were we? Right, torpedo. Here we go":lol:

Also: "Son of a BITCH!" outburst at the meeting. *cringe*

Pretty good movie though, all in all. Takes its time but it's very tense and the plot is great too.

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
I like how there is so much in this movie that does nothing to advance the story at all.
Why is this jerk explaining "turbulences" to the flight attendant? Why are they watching the jet crash on the carrier? Why does the guy with the lighting rod thing get knocked into the water and why doesn't Ryan address this at all when he comes aboard (what an ass)? Why does Sam Neill get killed? And the funniest one:
What's the point of the sequence of Ryan going after the saboteur in the room with the nukes?
I love how right after he shot the guy he's back to the bridge as if the movie was saying "ok, saboteur dead. Where were we? Right, torpedo. Here we go":lol:

Pretty good movie though, all in all. Takes its time but it's very tense and the plot is great too.

Haha, yeah... all the stuff you might miss/let slide the first time but ruins it for ever after.
"Make sure you count all of the men off" but still leave the rogue cook on board"
FFS.

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov

Read the book, it will all become clear to you then.

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
Plan 9 From Outer Space, 8/10 with good company and beverage, 2/10 when trying to watch it with your dad who doesn't get the concept of something that's so bad that it's good and spends most of the time talking about 50's aircraft and norwegian city culture.